Senior Data Center Engineer
- Hyderabad, India
Meet Our Team:
As a senior member our Pega's Data Center operations team, you will maintain, improve and evolve Data Center assets spanning a diverse range of platforms as well as demonstrate a high level of technical knowledge and expertise within Data Center Engineer technologies and Platforms on a global scale.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
In this role, you'll be responsible for the operational success of Pega's global Data Center Infrastructure, storage, backups power and hybrid integration with various cloud platforms. You will work alongside Senior and Principal level engineers, diving into obstacles and helping to create solutions.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- You will be responsible for operations management and standardization, performing root cause analysis and participate in continuous improvement initiatives, such as systems and applications delivery automation.
- You will act as a subject matter expert and Tier III escalation point for global Datacenter virtualization, backup and DR platforms, enterprise storage and systems lifecycle management environment.
- You will deploy, administer and support new and existing enterprise Data Center technical solutions.
- You will also serve as an escalation point for all physical and virtual server deployments.
- You will help building scalable datacenter and internal cloud solutions for internal customers.
Who You Are:
- An experienced engineer with strong technical knowledge of virtualization platforms, software and systems deployment automation and configuration management.
- An engineer possessing excellent technical written and verbal communication skills
- An eager learner with solid skills and experience with the following technologies:
- VMware vSphere; Nutanix or any other hyperconverged virtualized environments
- Backup and DR platforms: Rubrik, Zerto, VMware SRM or similar
- Enterprise Storage infrastructure: Dell Compellent, FluidFS, Pure Storage
- Scripting (PowerShell, bash) - not required, but highly desirable
- A problem solver who can dive into technical issues and obstacles and identify technical solutions
- A detail-oriented professional with the focus of a global scale picture.
What You've Accomplished:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and/or equivalent industry experience
- 4+ years of experience supporting Data Centers and other relevant disciplines in a similar sized company
- 2+ years of hands on experience managing enterprise storage arrays Dell Compellent, Pure Storage.
- Experience working in a cloud or hybrid cloud environment
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive and employee equity in the company
Job ID: 11106
Back to top