Sales Industry Architect
- Flexible / Remote
Meet Our Team:
At Pega, Sales Industry Architects (SIA's)are looked to as thought leaders and trusted advisors by our customers as well as our presales team. A Sales Industry Architect isa regionally-aligned customer-facing expert with broad technical and presentation skills, deep industry knowledge, and exceptional business acumen. Sales Industry Architects are subject matter experts in one or more categories that may include: business strategy, application/platform architecture, data & information, integration, security, cloud computing, mobile, and analytics. SIA'sare expected to have strong sales skills who use challenger sales methodology to engage with customers and define their transformation journey along with the steps to get there.
The primary objective of our SIA'sis to drive the Architecture Strategy, identify current state and define future state with a Roadmap, jointly with our customers based on their business priorities, goals and objectives. The EA team leads and supports the execution of Digital Business Transformation Engagements for strategic and select key customers jointly with the solution consulting team members.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Do you enjoy solving the most complex business problems that organizations face today? Do you believe that the success of a digital transformation sits right between - a) unparalleled customer engagement and b) unprecedented operational efficiency? What if you could collaborate with talented and passionate individuals to craft innovative digital architectures/solutions and transformational strategies? Are you good at telling stories? ... Sounds too good to be true? Come, join Pega! You get all of this (and in fact much more) in a single role at Pega!
Who You Are:
- A trusted advisor to CIO/CTO/EA level contacts and their teams as they look to accelerate their Digital Transformation journey.
- You have enterprise mindset and can help craft the future state architecture and tell a story as to how to get there.
- You are proficient building customer facing Architecture presentations, diagrams and whitepapers.
- You possess strong presentation and communication skills and can communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- You have an entrepreneurial, creative and Challenger mindset with a passion for ensuring customer success.
- You have previous experience working in a customer facing Enterprise Architecture role within large organizations.
- You have a broad understanding across various business domains and maintain a broad working knowledge of many technology areas.
- You can proactively develop customer relationships by listening, understanding and anticipating, and then providing solutions to customer needs.
- You are a strong leader capable of representing Pega on governance boards, technical and business design authorities.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Work closely with your regionally-aligned account teams (Sales, pre-sales, professional services) to understand customer strategy & requirements and help define the account plan, solution portfolio and architecture strategy.
- Work with executive-level clients to unlock new potential streams of business value by providing insight regarding enterprise transformation agendas and articulate design considerations, trade-offs, benefits, and recommendations for a technical architecture
- Bridge the gap between the business strategy and technology enablers and drive value-based solutions and architecture strategy.
- Present strategic business requirements and current solution landscape to business as well as technical stake-holders and demonstrate how Pega can be a strategic and long-term partner in their digital transformation journey.
- Design technical architecture solutions that span multiple platforms and include integration and authentication across systems.
- Develop 'channel-less (omnichannel)' Target State Architecture and Roadmap presentations that are both Industry based and infused with Pega solutions/technology including RPA, Marketing, Customer Service, Custom apps, ML, and IoT.
- Understand and manage client expectations to enable a successful partnership between client and Pega teams.
- Incorporate 'design thinking' approaches where appropriate.
- Act as a trusted architect/advisor to executives to help define and set up governance models and design authorities.
What You've Accomplished:
- 12+ years of experience in the software industry, with extensive knowledge of software developmentand enterprise software technologies.
- 5+ years of experience in presales or a customer facing role.
- A broad understanding of, and ability to discuss, modern Enterprise technologies such as low code development platforms, business rules, CRM, case & work management, digital channels (e.g. social, mobile, chatbot, email, voice assistants, etc.), CTI/IVR, analytics, reporting, cloud, IoT, robotic automation, biometrics, blockchain, artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data, web-technologies, content management systems (CMS), virtual environments (VMs), containerization (Docker & Kubernetes), and principles of modern platforms including SaaS, PaaS, multi-tenancy, etc.
- Solid understanding of common security concepts and standards (SSO, SAML, OpenID, OAuth, RBAC, ABAC, etc.).
- Advanced understanding of Integration Technologies and Protocols (ESB, MOM, Web Services, APIs, HTTP, REST, SOAP, JMS/MQ, etc.).
- Advanced understanding of Enterprise Information Technologies used to host, support, and deploy enterprise class business applications (Application Servers, Load Balancers, Proxies, Databases, Data Warehouses/Marts/Lakes, BPMS, Rules Engines, CEP Engines, Identity Management Systems, Containers, etc.).
- Advanced understanding of contemporary enterprise class software architectures and development practices (JEE, Frameworks, SOA, Microservices, Agile, DevOps, etc.).
- Familiarity with industry trends and analyst reviews such as Forrester, Gartner, IDC, etc.
- Nice to have any EA certification like TOGAF, Zackman, etc.
- Ability to present and perform product demos to both technical and business audiences.
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonu incentive and employee equity in the company
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in massive emerging market
Job ID: 9979
Back to top