Sales Director - State and Local Government
As the head of state and local government sales in North America, you will build, manage, and coach a world class sales organization. You will own the influence the overall strategic plan and execution necessary to drive consistent YoY revenue growth by acquiring new state governmental agencies and expanding Pega's footprint in an already impressive customer base. Your team of Sales Executives will teach your customers new perspective while challenging assumptions to ensure they adapt to the growing demands of their customers.
Selling at Pega provides access to market-leading technology, uncapped earning potential and the world's most innovative organizations as referenceable clients. We challenge companies to rethink the way they do business and empower them to become more efficient, smarter, and most importantly customer-centric.
In this role, you will:
- Develop effective measures and maintain quality of planning to ensure requisite levels of productivity are achieved to reach team and individual sales goals
- Develop outbound marketing initiatives in conjunction with the Marketing department and provide customer feedback
- Manage hiring, training and coaching of new and existing employees and ensure appropriate number of sales staff are deployed, while monitoring sales performance
- Define sales targets, and plan and coordinate efforts of sales staff in accordance with corporate objectives while maintaining acceptable levels of expense control
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world's most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- The opportunity to manage a world-class team while ensuring the successful sales of our exceptional products
- Market leading salary + uncapped commission targets, and exceptional equity in the company
You are a proven senior sales leader with extensive knowledge of state governments and proven ability to lead a team of executives to consistent YoY results. You develop your sales team and to constantly overachieve their goals and exceed revenue expectations, while leveraging internal and external resources effectively and efficiently to ensure mutual success of the company, your customers, and their customers.
You can enable and build a team that develops strong multi-level relationships with their customers based upon adding value as opposed to appeasing immediate tension with a short term solution. You believe a sales organization should intentionally create constructive disruption, helping customers to understand the urgency and impact of a new behavior, so you can proactively guide them through change.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- 8-12+ years of industry-related sales experience, including 5+ years of experience in sales management
- Comprehensive understanding and proficiency in complex software relationship selling and understanding of complex data relationships and rules-based systems designStrong listening, communication, and negotiation skills
Meet Some of Pegasystems's Employees
Manager, Sales Consulting
Andri manages a Pre-Sales Team that helps potential customers understand the technical possibilities of what Pega can do for their business.
Back to top