Principal Systems Engineer - Cloud
Meet Our Team:
Service Reliability Operations team is part of Service Reliability Team and is involved in managing and maintaining applications hosted on Pega Cloud Services. This team works 24X7 and are situated across the geographies. This team works on customers service requests, change requests, infrastructure upgrades and incidents along with problem managements following the process standards. Theteam works directly with customers, internal teams and stakeholders to achieve the common goal of customer success.
This team is skilled in AWS Cloud, Linux OS, Middleware, Scripting and Automation, Networking, Java / JEE fundamentals, DevOps Tools and Technologies.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega has enhanced the way customers can manage and use their application, in this role you will be helping the customer achieve their application performance and usability to top notch quality with world class support. Leverage and learn new technical skills being part of service reliability team.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Will be involved in application infrastructure support working in collaboration with different internal teams
- Will be involved in handling service requests, change requests, incidents, problem management and events and notifications
- Troubleshooting, analysis and resolution of customers environment issues
- Ensuring the process is handled and across every level of service management
- Involved in automation ideas and implementation to helping the team work efficiently
- Collaborate and communicate with customers and internal stake holders to provide the customers best in class of support
Who You Are:
You are a member of Service Reliability team who is skilled Cloud, OS, Middleware and DevOps Technologies.
- 8-9 years of technical support experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar field
- Experience in geographically distributed systems
- Good Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communications and experience working with clients in Americas/Europe region
- Experience in configuration automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.,)
- Intermediate to expert level experience on Linux, middleware App such as Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere
- Knowledge on DB, App and Web tier troubleshooting skills
- Basic network troubleshooting skills including TCP/IP, DNS, VPN
- Ability to multi-task and work during production crisis situations
- Good understanding of ITIL process specifically - Incident, Change, Problem, Service Request and Escalations
- Should have experience working on Java technologies and understanding Java/JEE fundamentals.
What You've Accomplished:
- Configuring and Managing Pega Cloud Hosted customer application and services
- Troubleshooting and analyzing the issues across the Cloud, Middleware and DevOps Stack
- Partner with internal clients, like Security, Provisioning, Product Support to align business goals with implementation results.
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Job ID: 8422
Back to top