Principal Solutions Engineer
- Hyderabad, India
Meet Our Team:
As a member of one of the most innovative and fastest growing groups at Pega, you will work closely with talented engineers and product owners across the globe to build a highly scalable Software as a Service (SaaS) offering.
The team works on the Pega Marketing Product, focusing on delivering journeys for the Communications industry. Pega Marketing is the brains behind how Pega delivers 1:2:1 Customer Engagement, and the Thanos team works on wide range of technologies to support this, from building innovative user interfaces to determine users needs and present offers, to building the business Strategies and Analytics that fuel the Pega Marketing Customer Brain. The role is the principal developerwithin the team, that will work with the Product Manager to determine the best technical solutions to address the business challenges faced by Communication Service Providers in this very competitive market place, and then deliver these solutions.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
- Pega is changing the way the world builds software. Our goal is to be the no. 1 CRM SaaS company in the world.
- In this role, you'll help us design, develop, implement and test the components and services that power Pega Cloud services.
- Pega is staying on the cutting edge of technology, this is your chance to get your hands on working on leading technologies to solve interesting problems.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Leverage best in class technologies to drive the conversion of requirements into feature design, its implementation, testing, deployment and support.
- Work as part of a collaborative Agile team working in a Scrum model surrounded by fun loving talented engineers.
- Technologies you will work on - Pega Infinity and Java
- 70% Pega Application Development
- 20% Pega Application Design
- 10% Technical Leadership
Who You Are:
You are a Java/J2EE developer having experience in building large scale applications and passionate about exploring and applying this to help solve real business problems.
- 6 - 8 years of software development experience, preferably in a product development company.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in computer science or related field.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and design, passionate about learning new technologies.
- Experience using the following: Core Java, J2EE, Web application/ full stack developer
- Agile/Scrum development methodology knowledge/experience
- Ability to quickly connect business requirements to the functional capabilities of an application with a strong technical bent of mind.
- Proven ability to co-ordinate a diverse set of business users to develop cohesive and streamlined requirements, documentation and user acceptance criteria
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, able to shift directions quickly when priorities change, think through problems to come up with innovative solutions and deliver against very tight deadlines
- Be able to implement code that meets engineering excellence standard with minimal oversight.
- Excellent team player able to work with virtual and global cross functional teams
- Candidate must have good verbal and written communication skills and must be a fast learner.
What You've Accomplished:
- Designed functional, robust and scalable Java applications / framework
- Partner with internal clients, like Product Managers, to align business goals with implementation results.
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Job ID: 9332
Back to top