Principal Front End Engineer- Test
- Bengaluru, India
Meet Our Team:
Pega provides cutting-edge solutions for some of the world's largest organizations that solves real business problems within a matter of a few weeks without writing any code. As part of our mission we ensure Pega built on applications can be used by everyone. One of the most visible part of any application is the user interface: it needs to look professional, aligned with the design system, should be responsive and perform well on all devices. The UI must be accessible and work well on different browsers.
That's a challenging set of expectations to meet. That's where you come in.You will be joining the front-end development group and will be working with all front end teams across locations in ensuring our teams deliverables meet quality objecties and goals.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. In this role, you'll help us deliver the next generation of the Pega Infinity platform, driving the no-code capabilities that enable our clients to build amazing user interface and rapidly deploy them in a matter of weeks.
You will be joining Pega's Product excellence Alliance to ensure that Pega's UI gives the best possible experience and are built for compliance with applicable accessibility standards. As a front end tribe member, you will independently lead our group's testing practices and work with all cross-located teams to identify potential issues in the functionality and quality of the product. You willshape a culture of quality at speed, giving engineering teams the tools and best practices to build and ship high-quality product.This is a unique opportunity to rapidly accelerate your career and interact with senior and executive management at a fast-paced and rapidly growing company.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Ensure all feature deliverables meet quality objectives
- Deliver best in class testing infrastructure used across front end engineering teams
- Lead quality initiatives to reduce any rework , establish quality metrics
- Apply industry best practices and process improvements to ensure quality goals are met
- Collaborate with the product management, development,UX design group and other stakeholders to build high quality UI features
- Ensure execution against sprint and release commitments
- Mentoring and guiding developers in automating features
- Communicate the value and ROI of QA activities including test automation
Who You Are:
- You have multi-tasking abilities, and able to meet deadlines
- You have good attention to detail and drive for quality skills
- You have userdriven mindset and strong understanding of usercentered design principles.
- You have ability to guide and influence the testing practices of an organization
- You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented, and cross-functional environment.
- You are eager to learn and always up for a challenge.
What You've Accomplished:
- Bachelor's degree or any degree with minimum 7+ years of relevant experience in manual and automation testing of UI
- Knowledge of test automation methodologies and experience of implementing test automation practices
- Excellent knowledge of how web applications work including usability, accessibility and security
- Good experience in device(responsive) and cross-browser testing
- Have knowledge of accessibility standards i.e. WCAG, ARIA, Section 508, ATAG
- Working knowledge of modern UI unit and integration testing frameworks like JEST,Pupeteer , Jasmine ,Mocha, and other QA tools
- Exposure to React,redux, front end stack
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration & Delivery methodologies
- Knowledge of source versioning tools like Git, SVN
- Knowledge project management frameworks like JIRA etc
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Job ID: 11034
Back to top