The Principal Technical Solutions Engineer (PSE) is a key technical role within Global Customer Support (GCS) and the first point of contact to customers to address issues. This position develops customer satisfaction and loyalty by providing superior support services for Pega's products. The PSE uses their understanding of Pegasystems' products, the technical environment in which they run, and our customers' business objectives to drive support cases to timely and quality clarification and subsequent resolution by themselves or others in GCS.
In this role, you will:
- Investigate and resolve complex customer issues.
- A Principle Technical Solutions Engineer has the desire to work on challenging issues, and has the ability to produce quality solutions.
- This individual is responsible for working with the customer to fully understand the issue, analyse the behaviour, propose workarounds/solutions, and ensure customer satisfaction is met with on-time and quality issue resolutions.
- This role requires working cross functionality and with other engineers at multiple levels - a successful candidate must be a strong team player who supports and mentors team
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world's most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
Candidates must have a strong technical and computer science background and come prepared and ready to learn and explore Pegasystems technology. Technical Solutions Engineers are expected to think independently, but also must value teamwork as they work collaboratively to creatively and quickly solve customer problems.
Qualifications will include:
- * Minimum 5+ years of experience
- * Ready to work in 24x7 rotational shifts (4 days working model)
- * Experience working with J2EE Application Servers (preferably Websphere, Weblogic and Tomcat) and/or relational databases (preferably Oracle, DB2 and UDB
- * Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills, including poise in pressure situations
- * Independent thinker, but good team player
- * Excellent customer relations skills and organization skills
- * Ability to work in a flexible, team environment
- * Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- * Ability to identify, propose and implement solutions
- * Advanced oral and written communication skills, leadership and poise in pressurized situations
- * Aptitude for quickly understanding complex technical issues, understand customer end-to-end deployments, products and underlying architecture
- * Advanced teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate and negotiate with other groups and manage conflict
- * Proven ability to interact directly with customers at all levels
- * Demonstrated customer-facing skills including expectation management, communication skills, information management
- * Proven effectiveness at leading and facilitating customer meetings and workshops
- * Possess strong presentation skills and credibility with all levels of customer organizations
- Willingness to work in rotational shifts/including night shifts
Meet Some of Pegasystems's Employees
Manager, Sales Consulting
Andri manages a Pre-Sales Team that helps potential customers understand the technical possibilities of what Pega can do for their business.
Back to top