Lead Systems Engineer
Meet Our Team:
As a principal member of the Data Center operations team, you will monitor and maintain Data Center assets which span a diverse range of platforms. You will demonstrate a very high level of technical knowledge subject matter expertise in all Data Center Engineering technologies and platforms.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
You'll be responsible for the operational success of our global data center servers, storage, backups, software and power, as well as hybrid integration with various Cloud platforms.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- You will assume technical operational responsibility for all Data Center servers (physical & virtual), and SANs (EMC & Compellent)
- Procure and deploy all Data Center servers (physical & virtual) and SANs (EMC & Compellent)
- Act as Tier 4 escalation of server and VM and SAN trouble tickets
- Evaluate new server and storage platforms from a technical perspective and make recommendations
- Lead continuous improvement and focus on operations automation
- Perform root cause analysis, and participate in initiatives which will improve and optimize systems performance
Who You Are:
- You have very high level of technical knowledge and subject matter expertise in all Data Center Engineering technologies and platforms.
- You will have a passion for driving systems and operations projects and making recommendations on process improvements.
- You have 5-7 years' experience in relevant disciplines at similar sized company
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills; Ability to organize and execute on multiple high priority tasks simultaneously in a highly dynamic environment to support global organization
- Technical infrastructure knowledge, including hands on experience with server operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, UNIX/Linux, VMware vSphere, Nutanix
- You have Experience with automation and orchestration tools such as Chef, Puppet, DSC and Embotics
- Solid understanding of storage systems including SAN, NAS, and Object based storage
What You've Accomplished:
- Experienced implementing and maintaining highly available environments
- Experienced with configuring, implementing and supporting enterprise level systems
- You have earned a bachelor's degree in related discipline and/or have equivalent industry experience
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus inventive andemployee equity in the company
Job ID: 5518
Back to top