Global Total Rewards Leader (VP)
- Cambridge, MA
Meet Our Team:
The Global Total Rewards Leader (VP) is a highly energetic and innovative individual responsible for the strategy and oversight of the Total Rewards function at Pega. This includes Compensation, Benefits, and Global Mobility and serves to reward and recognize our talent and ensure retention in support of Pega's growth initiatives. This person will design, cost and communicate global compensation, benefits and equity programs and will be responsible for the reporting and analysis of the programs' success. This individual will serve as a go-to resource for key stakeholders including but not limited to Talent Advisory Partners/colleagues and business leaders. He/she will be a key member of the People Leadership Teamand will also work closely with the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors. This individual will report directly to the Chief People Officer.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Design and implement global employee compensation and benefits plans and policies for the entire organization (e.g. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, 401(K), Equity Grant programs, bonus programs, wellness initiatives, etc.)
- Design and implement innovative, cost competitive and market prevalent benefit programs that recognize employees as consumers with diverse interests.
- Create stronger engagement within our culture with our rewards programs; identify tools to benchmark and innovate reward practices and recommend changes to overall total reward structures.
- Be responsible for gathering and preparing data and/or reports (compensation, benefits or policy changes) for Board meetings, executive management, etc.
- Direct the preparation and distribution of all forms of comprehensive communication to employees, including written information regarding benefits, compensation, stock programs, etc., and devise a program strategy to train managers to understand Total Rewards strategies.
- Analyze, review and assess the effectiveness of Total Rewards programs to ensure objectives are being met and recommend/implement changes as appropriate to support competitive market practice.
- Remain current on industry compensation and benefits practices and changing legal issues, assessing and communicating potential impact on the business, along with providing recommendations/solutions to address any concerns. Oversee market research/analysis to determine or support changes in current pay plans/programs to remain competitive in our markets and ensure internal consistency.
- Lead and coordinate the development, review, and administration of short-term and long-term variable compensation programs and administration of base salary programs (i.e., job analysis, job evaluation, merit and promotions) to ensure base compensation is determined fairly and consistently based on valid job information and application of accepted methodologies and individual performance in accordance with Company policy and procedure.
- Monitor activities to stay within established budget, working closely with Finance to forecast and monitor budget related to compensation, benefits, and policy programs.
- Forge strong relationships with vendors, consultants, business partners and internal leadership to ensure best practices and to provide mutual support and partnership.
Who You Are:
You are an accomplished business leader with a record of delivering sustainable business results through best-in-class people practices. You are a strong assessor of talent and understand how to attract and retain world-class talent and bring out the best potential while enhancing capacity. You have experience developing and leveraging Total Rewards and Global Mobility programs to enhance employee growth and performance and possess a track record of taking initiative, working independently and handling multiple, complex priorities simultaneously. You have demonstrated a passion for success and strive to exceed expectations. Additionally, you have demonstrated the ability to quickly establish and maintain credibility with key leaders at all levels of the organization. You are an astute team player who can quickly establish herself/himself as a valued member of the People and business leadership team.
You are intellectually curious by nature and have strong analytic reasoning skills, creativity, and judgment. You are able to understand, react, and motivate others to adapt to a changing organization with the fortitude to address challenging situations. You are an inspirational coach, leader, colleague, and culture champion who contributes to an atmosphere in which people work together, enthusiastically and effectively, in producing outstanding results. You operate transparently and without personal agenda, which allows you to effectively challenge the status-quo sensitively and constructively.
Additionally, you are a bright individual, with the ability to combine analytical reasoning, creativity and judgment. You are a quick study and able to handle complex matters, with multiple initiatives going on simultaneously, and can deal effectively with strategic issues as well as tactical operational details.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- The willingness and diplomatic skills required to build relationships, understand issues, provide solutions, and build a compensation philosophy which other can understand and support.
- The ability to design and administer a total compensation structure that meets the needs of the employees and the business, motivating employees and insuring market competitiveness, including a knowledge of current market trends in total compensation.
- The ability to initiate and be seen as the subject matter expert including the ability to build credible relationships quickly.
- The ability to speak comfortably and effectively to a wide variety of groups ranging from members of the Board to large groups of employees.
What You've Accomplished:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, with an emphasis on Human Resources or Finance. MBA preferred.
- Fifteen years' experience with the majority in a global, mid-to-large size organization.
- A strong working understanding of HIPAA, ERISA, IRS and SOX regulations.
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS), Certified Professional and/or Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), and/or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, teamwork and collaboration.
- Proven Analytical skills are a must.
- Acquisition experience integrating organizations.
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products.
- Continuous learning and development opportunities.
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment.
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company.
Job ID: 10263
Back to top