Design System Front End Developer
The Digital team at Pegasystems creates, maintains and continuously improves the websites that help people learn, build with, sell and buy Pega applications. The 6+ digital properties we work on span internal and external audiences across offices in North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.
We're looking for a talented mid- to senior-level front-end developer to join our design system team! You'll work with a diverse team of designers and developers, to create tools, components and patterns that shape multiple digital properties across the Pega digital ecosystem.
You are not just coding UI elements, you're building features of a product that create value every day.
As a Design System Front End Developer you will:
- Implementing UI elements and more complex components that will be consumed across 6+ sites
- Constructing sample patterns that help design system implementers create world class experiences
- Creating build tools to enhance the teams workflow, such as faster build times and automated tests
- Crafting documentation to help design system implementers know how to get started, implement and craft best in class experiences
- Helping system implementers troubleshoot design system usage and bring enhancements back to the team's workflow
- Helping content creators create curated experiences without the need of new features from the CMS team
- Participating in daily standup meetings, grooming sessions, sprint retros and other Scrum ceremonies
- Accurately estimating tasks and recording your work in JIRA
- Writing and committing clean, well-documented and tested code
Design System Front End Developer at Pega:
You have a strong background in front-end technologies development, a love for learning new things, and a wicked sense of humor. You're looking to work on high-profile projects with fun, passionate people, in an environment where you are constantly growing your skills. You know how to balance pragmatism and engineering rigor with your drive to provide lovable experiences which delight the end user, leading to great outcomes for the projects that use what you have crafted. You calmly handle ambiguity and incomplete information, always seeking to clarify and communicate. You know when to ask for help, and how and when to share your knowledge with team mates.
Ideally we are looking for:
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of professional experience
- High proficiency in spoken and written English
- Thorough understanding of responsive web design and building modern layouts (ex. CSS Grid and Flexbox)
- Thorough understanding of performance, cross-browser / cross-device development, testing, optimization, and front-end performance requirements
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug issues that span multiple systems, as well as performance-tune and optimize an application with minimal assistance
- Working knowledge of CSS variables
- Experience developing sites with a content management system (e.g., WordPress, Drupal, Adobe Experience Manager)
- Hands-on experience planning, building out, and maintaining large-scale responsive sites
- Strong time management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing the quality of your work are a must
- Comfortable with Git, Composer, NPM / Yarn
- Understanding of cross-browser issues and testing tools
- Able to clearly document features including how to use components, best practices, and schemas
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- An understanding of web accessibility and the desire to learn more
- Experience with Agile web development and Scrum
- Experience with Pattern Lab and Twig
- Digital agency experience is a plus
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world's most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front
- An ever-changing business landscape that adapts, scales and performs
- Working in a friendly atmosphere in an international environment with flexible working hours
- Attractive salary and package (Medical Care, Group Insurance, Multisport Card, English lessons, and many more)
- Feeling the power of social spirit - we support many team and sports initiatives
- Working in a very hi-tech new office with cool chill and game rooms!
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from all suitably qualified applicants.
Our GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice is available here
Back to top