Business Consultant, Customer Service CRM
The Business Consultant's role is to work in conjunction with the Sales Team at specific points during the life cycle of the sales campaign and beyond into implementation and business as usual to support relevant business thought leadership and discovery activities required at different stages within the customer life cycle. This process can begin at any stage of a customer engagement though typically starts during discovery stage - however can start at pre-sales qualification step. Main responsibilities include identification of business drivers (business challenges and opportunities) that will determine the business solution requirements. Support creation of business relevant demos and Proof of Concepts, both custom and generic; participate in business architecture presentations by providing business and ROI models, and typically ends with sales closure. In addition and at customer need a Business consultant will support post sales activities such as providing process optimization opinions during Inception, post implementation business benefit realization calculations and on-going 'best' business use of Pega thought leadership.
The scope of thought leadership will include at a process, customer journey, moment of truth, organization and group level.
The business consultant will be expected to deliver these skills across a variety of industries (non-vertical) and across North America.
This role does not require hands on work with the product - though you will be expected to develop detailed familiarization of the range of Pega solutions and reach a high standard of competence in explaining the business capabilities of the technology to a business audience. To support this requirement you will be expected to reach a minimum level of competency in navigating the various solutions. Whilst demonstration of the technology to customers is not mandatory the expectations is that you will reach a level of competence in demonstrating vertical specific applications to your internal customers (AE's, SC's & PL's)
In this role, you will:
- Deliver thought leadership to multinational organizations across North America at all levels of stakeholder engagement
- Help our customers understand the size and complexity of the challenges they face today but more importantly help them with a compelling solution to realize the value in facing those challenges
- Work with our customers and target customers across the life span of their journey with Pega to ensure each customer is highly successful in their Pega implementation
- Work with customers to avoid common business change challenges and ensure they utilize the business change capabilities in the Pega solution
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world's most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- Differentiating factor offered by the specific team with which this position works
The successful candidate will be comfortable in quickly ascertaining a customer's challenges and opportunities and be able to play back to the customer how Pega can deliver compelling business benefits. The candidate must be able to understand a business's drivers and history to define the most effective solution from Pega multiple applications. Influencing stakeholders at every level in multinational organizations to appreciate and require those differentiators between Pega and our competitors.
As a trusted adviser to both internal and external clients, the successful candidate will be able to work closely within multiple concurrent teams. They must be comfortable in diving deeply into the detail on an opportunity and then feel comfortable moving on to the next opportunity rapidly - this requires the ability to understand the value that the BC role delivers to the target account teams and ensure that they deliver that specific value in as many opportunities as possible.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent business experience
- 7+ years of experience in Customer Service CRM
- Thorough knowledge of common business tools, business terminology, typical challenges and opportunities at a horizontal level for customer service
- Ability to define optimal business process using a range of technology - (non technical)
- Ability to understand and apply procedures, regulations, and policies related to areas of specialized expertise
- Ability to proactively develop customer relationships by listening to, understanding and anticipating, and providing solutions to customer needs
- Ability to use a clearly defined methodology for establishing priorities
- Ability to define customer challenges
- Ability to define customer opportunities
- Ability to define a robust and defendable business value calculation (business case / return on investment calculation / R)
We challenge traditional software methods to build elegant, high-quality, well-crafted solutions. -Pega Value: Innovation
Back to top