Peanut Labs develops innovative online market research and advertising technologies that deliver instant access to market researchers. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about designing beautiful user experiences with a human-centered approach, and who is inspired to solve complex problems on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving and visual design skills. They will be comfortable with independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
This role includes the opportunity to shape the ways technology is changing the market research industry. By developing new and innovative products, you’ll help Peanut Labs advance it’s technological strengths while challenging the industry to see opportunities it hadn’t yet noticed.
Once you are at Peanut Labs
The projects this role will focus on will include a range of fast paced and innovative experimental products for Peanut Labs. Key activities include gaining a deep understanding of the industry, research, prototyping, visual and interface design, and working with a product manager and engineering team to bring the products to life. User Experience Designers are able to discover, understand, and communicate the business requirements of our company, the emotional desires of our users, and the context in which these two come together.
- Clearly understands the problem at hand and focuses on a design solution that is targeted to solving the problem.
- Is creative and has high standards in visual aesthetics.
- Create high fidelity interface mockups.
- Create polished icons, illustrations and other graphic elements.
- Goes out into the world to find inspiration to bring back to our products.
- An advocate for the end user of the product, understanding the needs and desires they have.
- Is open to various possibilities for design solutions. Pursues design solutions because they are best for the product, not necessarily because they resonate with them personally.
- Involves stakeholders in the design process and ensures the stakeholders are aligned to a common goal
- Ability to prioritize different design problems by understanding their significance and impact on our overall ecosystem.
- Is positive and works in the best interest of the product, the company and fellow employees.
First and foremost a problem solver. You’re someone who wants to influence his/her own development and is looking for a company where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following experience:
- Three or more years as a user experience designer for software, web applications that leverage emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices.
- A strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to web applications.
- Have a background in visual communication, and can produce exceptional quality digital deliverables with attention to detail (icons, illustrations, interfaces, etc.).
- Have experience in creating high fidelity interface mockups, and experience working with engineers to bring those mockups to life.
- A strong conceptualization ability, prototyping and wireframing technique and drawing skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and associated design tools.
- Experience collaborating on interaction design and specifications with a team.
- Experience in researching user needs through interviews and user testing.
- Have a good knowledge of the latest trends in visual design, interaction design and technology.
- A passion for what design and technology can do for people.
- An understanding of common software development practices.
- Experience building, managing, and continually evolving digital products throughout the product life cycle.
Ready to be a part of the Peanut Labs family?
We can’t wait to hear from you! Please include your resume with links to your portfolio that demonstrates your visual design, user experience design, and problem solving skillset.
Research Now is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top