Vacuum assembly and LINAC Field work support:
- Read, understand and follow mechanical drawings and vacuum schematics.Assemble, leak check, and install vacuum devices in the shop or field.
- Perform trouble shooting and repair of vacuum systems.
- Perform bake out of UHV components.
- Work as a team member, interacting with supervisors, engineers, and other technicians.
- Several years of experience with UHV systems and components coupled with knowledge of UHV theory, equipment, and techniques.
- Familiar with the use and application of various vacuum systems and components such as ion gauges, ion pumps, turbo pumps, roughing pumps, and helium mass spectrometer leak detectors.
- Possess good mechanical skills.
- Have the ability to precisely follow detailed procedures and work instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to routinely meet production quality and schedule requirements while effectively balancing quality and quantity of work, all in a safe and careful manner.
- Must possess a valid California Driver' s License with a good driving record.
- Be able to communicate well with line management and team members.
Back to top