Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Present the team with turbomachinery options and trade-offs (consequences) in terms of system level reliability and performance; offer alternative system level approaches where possible.
- Create simple tools to evaluate tradeoffs without long iterative analysis; quick answers/ approximations are necessary to keep the project moving forward
- Ability to assemble, test, teardown, and conduct root cause analysis, and involve other team members in this process to obtain different perspectives
- Responsible for designing and setting up tests in a laboratory environment.
Skills, Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- BS/MS Mechanical Engineering with emphasis in fluid mechanics and aero design and mechanical design of compressors.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Design experience with different types of compressors preferred.
- Design experience with different types of pumps and turbines preferred.
- Minimum 5 years professional experiences in compressor design.
- Fluent in CFD tools, preferably Ansys CFX.
- Structural and thermal modeling, including FSI, BladeGen experience is a plus.
- Rotor dynamics experience is a plus.
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- System integration experience specifically with electro-mechanical systems, bearings and seals a plus.
- Some project management or coordination experience.
- Experience with equipment for either gas or oil field applications is a plus.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have highly perceptive listening skills and be open to ideas of others.
- Must be self-motivated and an independent worker.
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top