Tower Hand II
Tower Hand II - Multiple Locations in Southeast US Job Summary:
Tower Hands support all aspects of tower installations, including all antennas and transmission lines. Tower Hands perform construction duties on a daily basis ensuring quality construction from the foundation to erection of lattice towers, monopoles, and guyed towers.
- May perform installs on radios, antennas, and associated RF equipment
- Trouble shoots Alarms / RSSI issues at sites using supplied sweep gear.
- Perform electrical down tilts and mechanical down tilts to a variety of antennas using supplied antenna controller units.
- Run jumpers as needed to complete ongoing scopes of work.
- May devise jumper connections with knowledge from connector training.
- Complete required equipment and supply paperwork.
- Climbing communications structures, to include: guyed; self-supporting; monopoles; building/rooftops; grain silos; etc.
- Performing audits: safety; defect and quality.
- Ability to follow daily instructions and shift reports.
- Ability to run jumpers as needed to complete ongoing scopes of work.
- Fill out required paperwork and printouts.
- Applies job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks
Recommended Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Typically requires 3 plus years of related experience
- Valid state-issued driver' s license is required
- MUST be a Certified Tower Climber - can be via Gravitec Systems, Inc. or ComTrain
Recommended Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mounting, aligning, cabling, and testing of antennas, radios, and associated equipment
- Experience in completing full grounding installations, tower demolition, tower stripping and painting (erect and horizontal)
- Competent climber
- Competent rigger
- Knowledge of standard knots
- Trained in controlled descent
- Trained in use of aerial lifts
- Trained in procedures on a working platform
- Trained in procedures on a cable bridge/ice bridge
- Knowledge of UMTS and 4G
- Requires working knowledge of Microwave equipment
- Knowledge of basic electricity, grounding, and power safety
- Terminating cables and experience fixing connectors and Antenna system
- Ability to Install coaxial cable on towers, rooftop - any structure
- Strong troubleshooting skills of equipment, coax, and fiber
- Expertise in fiber testing
- Expertise in PIM and sweep testing
- Ability to work closely with others
- Team Player
- Good communication skills
- Ability to mentor and field train lower level technicians
- Travel as required, typically within a designated region
Certificates, Licenses, Registration and Requirements:
- Rescue certification is preferred
- Anritsu and/or OSHA certification preferred
- CPR and First Aid certification preferred
- Must be able to climb and descend all types of tower and rooftop structures
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to travel as needed
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Beau P.Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top