Tower Hand I
Tower Hand I - Southeast/Gulf coast states-TX, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL, SC, NC, TN, AR, OK Description
Tower Hands support all aspects of tower installations, including all antennas and transmission lines. Tower Hands Perform construction duties on a daily basis ensuring quality construction from the foundation to erection of lattice towers, monopoles, and guyed towers.
- May perform installs on radios, antennas, and associated RF equipment
- Trouble shoots Alarms / RSSI issues at sites using supplied sweep gear.
- Perform electrical down tilts and mechanical down tilts to a variety of antennas using supplied antenna controller units.
- Run jumpers as needed to complete ongoing scopes of work.
- May devise jumper connections with knowledge from connector training.
- Complete required equipment and supply paperwork.
- Climbing communications structures, to include: guyed; self-supporting; monopoles; building/rooftops; grain silos; etc.
- Performing audits: safety; defect and quality.
- Ability to follow daily instructions.
- Ability to run jumpers as needed to complete ongoing scopes of work.
- Fill out required paperwork and printouts.
- Applies job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks
All candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Recommended Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Typically requires 6 months plus years of experience
- Valid state-issued driver' s license is required
- MUST be a Certified Tower Climber - can be via Gravitec Systems, Inc. or ComTrain
Recommended Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Competent climber
- Competent rigger
- Knowledge of standard knots
- Trained in controlled descent
- Trained in use of aerial lifts
- Trained in procedures on a working platform
- Trained in procedures on a cable bridge/ice bridge
- Familiarity with UMTS and 4G
- Requires working knowledge of Microwave equipment.
- Use of hand tools to mount equipment, run and connect cables, and secure climbers.
- Knowledge of basic electricity, grounding, and power safety.
- Experience in completing full grounding installations, tower demolition, tower stripping and painting (erect and horizontal
- Ability to Install fiber and coaxial cable on towers, rooftop - any structure
- General understanding how to fiber test - Fiber Scope and Power Test
- Troubleshoot and fix on connectors and Antenna system.
- Ability to work closely with others
- Team Player
- Travel as required, typically within a designated region
C ertificates, Licenses, Registration and Requirements:
- Rescue certification is preferred
- Anritsu and/or OSHA certification a plus
- CPR and First Aid certification preferred
- Must be able to climb and descend all types of tower and rooftop structures
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to travel as needed
Back to top