Systems Project Manager
Systems Project Manager will act as project leader for multiple project teams. As project leader, the Systems Project Manager will coordinate activities of the project design team and production personnel, and also be the point of contact for communication with the customer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project management role from purchase order to shipment.
- Project management includes: setting and meeting project parameters such as cost, schedule, performance, and deliverables.
- Pre-sale activities include conceptual design, schedule, and cost estimation of semi-automated industrial laser processing workstations.
- Conceptual design with assistance from others includes: cycle time estimate, mechanical layout of workstation, tooling concept, block diagram of electronic controls, and flowchart of overall man-machine interaction and machine functions.
- Cost estimation includes estimation of NRE, RE, assembly, testing and materials.
- Project schedule development using critical path method covering all tasks from PO to shipment including those for which others are responsible for performing.
- Post-booking activities include: detailed design and documentation for custom portions of specific projects, re-using existing hardware and software subassemblies as much as possible to minimize engineering content of complete delivered system.
- Prepare, schedule and conduct design reviews with customer, engineering and operations.
- Implement change orders to accommodate change of project scope.
- Weekly customer communication to report on progress, schedule status, and when necessary delays and schedule recovery plans.
- Coordinate acceptance test requirements, sample materials, laser application, machine readiness, customer visit schedule, and lab resources for acceptance tests.
- Manage acceptance test and handle all exceptions necessary to secure customer sign-off.
- 5 years of experience managing technical projects in factory automation, laser processing or related industry.
- Current Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Four-year degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Software or related Engineering curriculum.
- 5 years of experience managing technical projects.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully driving and delivering projects (on time, on budget and to customer satisfaction).
- Communicate well orally and in writing with customers and others with whom he/she works with within and outside the Engineering department.
- Experience with project management tools including MS Project, Visio, Excel, Word.
- Ability to travel occasionally. (2 weeks per quarter).
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Beau P.Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top