Systems Engineering Specialist
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for engine and transmission system performance modeling, vehicle performance modeling, and component performance modeling.
- Responsible to allocate and derive requirements from vehicle, engine, and transmission system level down to the component level using a systems simulation model in Excel, Matlab, Simulink, or other software.
- Technical lead of cross-functional matrixed project team (ME, EE, Software, etc.) for engineering projects through the Systems Requirements Review to ensure engineering requirements are met.
- Mentor and trainer of other engineers for Systems Engineering related simulations and activities.
- Improve and document the Systems Engineering Process with processes, document templates, or modeling standards.
- Author engineering technical reports for submission to the customer.
- Participate or lead new engine and transmission proposals.
- Provide input to product specifications and design verification test plans to ensure that they adequately captures all data to assess requirements compliance.
- Bachelor' s degree in Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent technical BS degree with 10 to 14 years engineering experience.
- At least 2 years of experience working as a Systems Engineer (10 years engineering experience overall).
- Experience with simulating systems in Matlab and Simulink.
- Knowledge of transmission, engine, and vehicle performance and understanding of powerpack integration into vehicles.
- Engineering knowledge of mechanics; hydraulics; powertrain parts such as gears housings, and shafts; knowledge of performance parameters such as speed, RPM, torque, power and gear ratios.
- Highly organized and able to multitask on many different projects at once.
- Proven ability to make technical decisions, complete project objectives within budget and schedule, and work with little supervision.
- Proven ability to work well with others in a cross-functional environment while working on multiple projects.
- Ability to utilize all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to write and review technical reports.
- Ability to get security clearance.
- Must be able to move freely, with or without reasonable accommodation, throughout a manufacturing environment.
- Master' s degree in Systems Engineering.
- Experience with Rational Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) software or equivalent.
- Expert product knowledge of transmissions, engines, and powerpack integration into tracked vehicles.
- An understanding of working with CAD models and programs in Pro E (Creo).
- Experience in developing products for the defense industry.
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top