DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership and acts as an advisor for determining technical objectives for user requirements and specifications.
- Plan software development within the broader organizational scope.
- Defines system solutions based on the user/client needs, cost and required integration with existing applications, systems or platforms.
- Documents and communicates the architecture ensuring that the team is using the architecture and using it correctly. Stages architecture development in a timely fashion so progress can be made before it is complete and makes sure that the system and software architectures are in synchronization.
- Acts as the emissary of the architecture, ensures that management understands the architecture to the detail necessary, as well as interacts with all stakeholders to ensure their needs are being met, resolves technical problems and disputes and makes tradeoffs.
- Formulates detailed long-range plans for the implementation of systems and software solutions including language, coding, platform, resource requirements, testing, and documentation, while considering evolutionary paths and new technology insertions.
- Plans and coordinates the maintenance of solutions including debugging, maintenance, and updating to ensure viability in an evolving environment.
- Plan for future applications based on new developments in engineering and computer technology, manage risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Essential Qualifications Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; twelve or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, ten or more years of experience with a masters degree, or seven or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education. Demonstrates a detailed and extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice with the ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones with some experience in project leadership. Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with other departments, customers, government representatives, and/or professionals; the capability of representing the organization as a prime technical contact; and, the ability to provide leadership and guidance to less experienced professionals. Must be customer focused and able to work on a self- initiated basis or in a team environment and able to work extended hours and travel as required. A Professional Engineering License, original work(s) published in professional engineering journals, invited to present one or more original works to an engineering symposium, and invited and/or participated on an engineering review panel are desirable.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; twelve or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, ten or more years of experience with a masters degree, or seven or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a detailed and extensive expertise of systems and software development concepts, principles, and theory and have applied that knowledge in the development of new principles and concepts.
- Prefer candidates to have Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems degrees along with progressive architecture development.
- Familiarity with SysML modeling tools such as MagicDraw is a plus.
- Demonstrated project and/or program leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established project deadlines or milestones.
- Must possess the ability to contribute to the development of new concepts and principles; resolve unusually complex problems; serve as spokesperson on projects and/or programs; and be an expert in one or more areas of software development.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required enabling an effective leadership interface with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives.
- Customer focused, formulates plans based on the development of innovative new designs in resolving advanced software development problems.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
Travel Percentage Required 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No
Work Schedule Rule 5/40
SCA Contract? No
Back to top