Supplier Quality Engineer
The Supplier Quality Engineer ensures that suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services. Assists with qualifying suppliers according to company standards. Provides technical guidance on resolving quality problems on supplied production material. Represents Supplier Quality on product development teams.
- Ensures that suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services by creating or modifying inspection instructions, coordinating the disposition of non-conforming material and obtaining documented effective supplier corrective/preventative actions for non-conforming materials.
- Monitors parts from acquisition through the manufacturing cycle and provides technical guidance on resolving quality problems on supplied production material.
- Represents Supplier Quality by actively participating on one or more product development teams, obtaining and processing initial new part qualifications, and participating in the selection of material suppliers.
- Participates in design reviews for product and/or components and assures that suppliers are involved early in the process.
- Participates in qualifying suppliers according to company standards and assures preferred suppliers are used.
- Evaluates suppliers' internal functions to assess their overall performance and provides feedback through quality tools such as 8D SCAR process, Control Plans, Cause and Effect diagrams, FMEA, SPC, DOE, and GR&R.
- Acts as a liaison between product development teams and the appropriate commodity management team to ensure the timely purchase of materials.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor' s degree in Electrical Engineering (Technology)
- Minimum of 3 years of Quality experience in industry, with companies that design, manufacture, market and sell electrical and/or electromechanical products.
- Electronic Assembly knowledge and experience is required.
- Knowledge of PCBs and PCBAs, including applicable IPC Standards is required.
- Able to read Mechanical Drawings and Specifications. Trained in GD&T principles is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years using Quality Tools such as Control Plans, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Design of Experiments (DOE), and Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (GR&R).
- ASQ Certification as a Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) is strongly preferred.
- Trained and Certified Six Sigma Green Belt, or higher, is desirable.
- Able to use professional concepts and apply company policies/procedures to work on problems/issues of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Able to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Must have experience working in and excelling in a multifunctional team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Adept at using Windows based computer programs such as Word and Excel. (Access is desirable).
- Familiar with problem-solving techniques
- Able to travel domestically and internationally
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Beau P.Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top