Supplier Quality Engineer
Essential Job Functions:
- To drive supplier development activities drive as well as failure investigation and implement preventative resolutions through the inbound supply chain process.
- Assist in the investigation of component defects and failures.
- Assist Materials and Engineering in the selection of new suppliers and conduct qualifications and/or surveillance audits of new or established suppliers to BES.
- Track supplier performance and prepare and issue monthly reports of supplier and material quality performance, issues, and actions.
- Issue Supplier Corrective Action Requests as appropriate in response to detected supplier quality trends, and follow-up with suppliers on root cause investigation and closed loop corrective action.
- Plan and perform component, supplier, and process qualifications including First Article Inspections and the preparation of written test protocols and reports.
- Provide supplier related quality assurance sustaining engineering support to established product lines.
- Work with suppliers to identify and support process and product improvements in support of quality and cost improvement projects.
- Develop quality inspection processes, tests, techniques, tools, and fixtures, and train the production, service, and quality control staffs as needed to perform their respective duties.
- Develop written quality plans, quality inspection and test procedures.
- Create and review Risk Assessments and Rework Plans for component and product related issues including use-as-is and rework dispositions.
- Travel 20%.
- Bachelors Degree in an Engineering discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Bio-Medical, etc)
- Medical, automotive or light assembly manufacturing industry experience preferred.
- A solid understanding of the FDA QSR and/or ISO 9000/ISO 13485 Quality System Requirements, and the ability to apply the knowledge to comply with goals and objectives preferred.
- A strong ability to prepare written technical plans and reports in support of engineering changes, product or process validations, and component qualifications.
- Strong project planning skills and a strong focus on meeting customer needs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with audiences of varying technical skills.
- This project is 18 months to 2 years.
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top