Sr. Virtual Design Construction Specialist
Our client is a full-service electrical contracting company providing installation of power distribution, lighting and voice/data network cabling wiring for industrial, commercial and institutional accounts. They are currently looking for a Senior Virtual Design Construction Specialist to add to their growing team based in the Pittsburgh area.
The Senior VDC Specialist is involved in the strategy, process, QA/QC, modeling and coordination on projects. This person has a thorough knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM) computer applications, 3D design, and construction documents. The Senior VDC Specialist maintains continuous contact with the VDC Manager, VDC Specialists, Field Personnel, the Planning/Layout/Design team and Project Support, as well as maintaining professional relationships with designers, owners, and subcontractors.
- Aids in the development of VDC Specialists producing, editing and coordinating 3D object-oriented models.
- Supports Preconstruction, Pre-Fabrication and Construction teams with model related issues.
- Strategizes project-related modeling / CAD requirements with project teams at job startup.
- Implements BIM processes and standards in collaboration with project teams.
- Educates Field Personnel on BIM processes and supports project specific BIM efforts.
- Attends Virtual Construction, Clash Detection and Coordination meetings.
- Performs a variety of Virtual Construction services (e.g. trade coordination, model-based quantity take-off, virtual mock-ups).
- Seeks ways to infuse quality and labor savings into overall BIM efforts.
- Assists in the development of the company' s BIM related goals, initiatives, and standards.
- Adheres to company specific coordination protocols.
- Develops new ways to utilize model-based information in various phases of projects.
- Utilizes team resources efficiently to accomplish modeling tasks for projects.
- Performs additional assignments as directed by the VDC Manager.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of and direct experience in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and ability to navigate file sharing sites.
- Preferred knowledge of and direct experience in Revit, Navisworks.
- Management experience with interoffice collaboration abilities.
- Possess problem-solving ability and strong sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates organizational.
- Strong communication skills.
- Competency modeling from a 2D document to produce a model.
- Competency reading floor plans, sections and elevations.
- A strong service-orientation and prior proven success in handling heavy customer service responsibilities.
- Demonstrates ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Competently prioritizes multiple tasks demanding of immediate attention, and to multi-task, on-going, responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- 5 years' Construction experience is preferred.
- Minimum Associate' s Degree in Computer Drafting and Design or certification in Construction Management.
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Beau P.Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top