Sr. Mechanical Engineer - Aerospace
Must Have Industry Experience: Aerospace & Defense
Our customer is a leading global designer and manufacturer of high-performance lifting and pulling devices for military and civilian aircraft, including rescue hoists, winches, and cargo hooks. Developing field next-generation helicopter search and rescue products including the most capable rescue hoists and sensors for improving situational awareness.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will serve the roles of technical engineering of new product, subject matter expertise, and to an extent project management. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will report to the Engineering Manager and support with global and detailed level mechanical design, cross facing with leads from other discipline. The candidate will assist with computer aided solid modeling and technical drawings, technical definition and support of technical requirements for suppliers, and technical support for end user and other customers.
• Designs and details requirements for mechanical systems including brakes, clutches, structural designs, and sensors.
• Identifies requirements for outsourced planned efforts and works with subsuppliers on key development programs.
• Works with key customer engineering groups on development of profitable new projects as part of strategic planned growth
• Troubleshoots legacy and in-development products and assists with improvements and cost reductions to product
• Assists customers with development and sustaining products and acts as technical subject matter expert for mechanical design.
• Occasional travel to customer site to assist with troubleshooting and/or training
• Supports qualification activities including testing, conceptualization of procedures, and validation
• Provides leadership and mentorship to other engineers and disciplines.
• Advanced and demonstrated capability of CAD, Pro/ENGINEER preferred (not required)
• Experience in mechanical engineering, preferably mechanical systems/ rotating machinery (transmissions, mechanisms, clutches, gears, drums, cabling involved in hoisting and winching equipment in an aerospace environment)
Required Education and Experience:
• Minimum B.S. degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering, M.S. degree in engineering discipline preferred
• Well experienced in mechanical engineering development and systems engineering activities in support of military or commercial marketplaces.
• Knowledgeable and experienced in aircraft certification programs and requirements, whether military or civil.
• Experience with actuators or mission systems on aircraft preferred, MIL STD, DOD
• Strong leadership, teamwork, communication, organizational, and project management skills.
• Excellent problem solving and time management skills.
Back to top