Sr. Electrical Engineer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform electrical design for new (battery and charger) products.
- Generate specifications for the product and documentation for the design.
- Lead specification and design reviews.
- Support prototype builds.
- Define production test requirements.
- Participate in project teams and in all activities related to the development of new products.
- Perform circuit analysis using computer models where applicable.
- Support building and testing breadboards and/or early prototypes for early validation of designs.
- Adhere to project schedules and cost targets.
- Interface with suppliers to maintain cost targets.
- Create schematics, BOMs, and supporting documentation.
- Assist, as needed, in technical support of some existing electronic products currently in production.
- Familiarity with regulatory certification requirements including UL and CE, preferred.
- Strong personal discipline, verbal and written communication skills and documentation skills.
- Interface with customers as needed during design reviews, quality audits and the like.
Education and Experience:
- This position requires a BSEE degree and 5 years of experience or an equivalent combination of skills and experience.
- Must possess strong analytical, as well as empirical skills in math, physics and electronics.
- Knowledge of PCs and applications software, including spreadsheets, word processors, and schematic capture programs in a windows based environment is mandatory.
- Must be able to communicate in a fast paced multi-disciplined environment.
- Typical physical effort includes frequent lifting or moving of light to moderately weighted materials.
- The use of fine motor skills in the hands to examine, repair, disassemble and reassemble products.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time performing repetitive technician tasks.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach.
- Work performed in an Engineering R&D environment.
- Work is primarily done at one workstation, but may require shifting to other work stations as needs require.
- May require travel to customer sites.
- Frequently required to attend project meetings.
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top