Hand solders surface mount and through-hole electronic components on printed circuit boards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hand solders electronic components on printed circuit boards.
- Touches up existing soldering of components.
- Removes soldered components from printed circuit boards.
- Immediately alerts supervisor of any issue with component, board, or process.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- May clean or prepare board or components.
- May participate in internal and external Quality Management System audits.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to solder, touch-up, and rework surface mount and through-hole components to IPC-A-610 standard.
- Basic understanding of spoken English; ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to identify electronic components, through color coding and part numbering.
- Ability to read assembly drawings (with assistance from supervisor).
- Mechanical dexterity and good visual acuity: ability to solder small components.
- Honest and ethical.
- Open-minded, a team player.
- 2 years' experience or demonstrated proficiency.
Back to top