Software Test Engineer
You will test embedded software and firmware that is controlling a machine. You will be creating test plans and scripts using the company' s proprietary scripting language. You will be running scripts and reporting results.
• Devise and implement test strategies. This involves manipulating hardware to see its effect on software.
• Create test plans
• Develop automated test scripts
• Investigate and recreate reported defects
• Track and document all testing defects and resolutions
• Participate in the design and development for test automation and support
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE WITH
• 0-10 years SQA experience with a degree in some form of software or engineering is needed.
• Experience in testing software/firmware.
• Experience with writing automated test scripts
• Experience and understanding of electro-mechanical systems
• Detail oriented
• Deadline driven
• Strong root-cause analysis skills
• This would be a big plus--Must be able read schematics in order to figure out how to test something. Be experienced with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, and multimeters.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor' s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; and minimum two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Back to top