This Software Engineer position could be a Contract-to-Direct (after 6 months) or Direct hire position.
- Provides Software Development in a Structured Text and Windows Coding environments (VB, C++, CoDeSys, etc.), using the IEC 61131-3 standard.
- Confers with other Motion Control Engineers or Project Engineers on Development of multi-axis Cartesian & Multi-Axis Coordinated Motion systems.
- Ensures that Servo Motion and Machine Control are functioning properly to Customer Requirements.
- Tests and Troubleshoots Machine Control Components (pneumatics, I/O (digital and analogue), Distributed I/O, Temperature Control).
- Supports Commissioning and Software Installation on Automation Control Equipment both in-house and in the Field.
- Development of Communication Software for support of Ancillary Devices over various communication platforms and protocols is necessary
- Develops HMI Screens for Machine Control
- HMI Web Browser Development.
- Writes code for Data Collection over various communication interfaces.
- Executes Feasibility tests to prove concept theory
- Develops Vision Algorithms
- Creates Customer Specific Documentation for Machine Operation and Integration
- Must be available for up to
- Interacts with Customers and Business Development to help with Machine Control Specifications.
- Represents Festo to Customers.
- Mentors/Trains Operators and Technicians on Functionality of Machine Control.
- Directs Technicians and other Support Personnel (both Festo and Third Party) on Projects Tasks.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical or Mechatronics.
- Baccalaureate course work must have strong emphasis in Software languages
- 2 to 5 years of related work experience or training
- Structured Text, Object Oriented, and Latter Logic programming experience required (C++, VB).
- Knowledge & Understanding of Closed Loop Machine Control System and kinematics required.
- Vision experience would be a plus.
- CAD experience would be a plus.
- Candidates should be US Citizens or Permanent Residents of the US.
- Must have experience experience developing GUI' s
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number Of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: At Least 3 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Beau P.Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top