The Service Technician works in a cooperative environment with other Service Technicians, the Sales Department, Production Technicians, and Application and Development Engineers.
Troubleshoot, test and repair and/ or modify remote radio systems and provide technical support to the customer base via phone and at customer site.
Prepares technical reports, customer quotes for modifications/upgrades and provide pricing to customers for parts and labor.
Reports to Director of Sales, Marketing and Customer Service.
Mandatory Position Requirements:
- Associate Degree in electronic technology or equivalent experience.
- 5 - 10 years experience with overhead cranes, electrical controls, and customer support/field service.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites a must - travel is hit or miss, 5-6 times per year and two day duration, east coast only.
- Comfortable working with aerial lifts.
- Read and understand schematics.
- Proficient in hand soldering and use of bench hand tools.
- Test and calibrate electric circuits.
- RF Experience.
- Maintain a current and valid driver' s license.
- US Citizenship or permanent residence needed in order to comply with Government Contracts.
- Act as a mentor and/or lead technician within department and throughout the organization.
- Take responsibility for customer service issues that have been escalated by Sales or other departments.
- Track closure of customer issues.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records that impact customer history.
Other Desired Skills and Experience:
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Ability to make reasonable judgement to satisfy customer issues that have been escalated due to severity of problem.
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top