Senior System Engineer
Company is seeking to hire an onsite Senior System Engineer to support the Baltimore/Washington DC programs and work with the program manager to further develop new businesses in the region. The Senior System Engineering role is to provide project leadership and coordinate work with remote engineering teams in San Diego, Tullahoma, and India while working remotely from the Baltimore/Washington DC region. Work closely with and provide technical support to the Program Manager. This position typically works under general supervision and direction.
Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority. This is a hands-on and technical leadership position. The candidate is expected to be able to use System Engineering discipline and be proficient with Oracle database, accessing remote systems to view and retrieve log and be able to configure the system to meet customer business requirements, including performing software configuration and software publishing.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate requirement management, system design, development, system integration, system level test, software release management, system configuration, and subcontractor technical management/oversight.
- Apply systems engineering processes and skills to systematically convert customer needs into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Responsible for interfacing with the customer, coordinating deliverables to the customer, field testing and troubleshooting devices, and support all field related issues, including back-office applications, reporting, and monitoring
- Follow all change control process when making configuration changes
- Interfaces with customers, contractors and marketing vendors.
- Participates in in-house design reviews and technical status meetings.
- Plans and performs system/subsystem integration, testing and system validation.
- Coordinates and develops project concepts, objectives, specifications and resource needs.
- May have responsibility for cost, schedule and technical performance of assigned projects.
- Provides marketing support, customer/subcontractor liaison, and technical direction to engineers and other company departments.
- Evaluates third party vendor capabilities, products, and services.
- Participates in writing new business proposals, and preparing associated cost rationale.
- Participates in both internal and external design reviews and status meetings.
- Interfaces with Quality Assurance to ensure application of quality standards.
- Works closely with other engineering disciplines to ensure coordination and integration of system elements and interface requirements, both internally and with teammates/subcontractors.
- Keeps informed of new developments in systems engineering techniques and advances in technology.
- May serve as a team member to solve engineering problems and develop improved engineering processes.
- Documents testing anomalies using JIRA; works closely with other engineering disciplines to ensure resolution.
- Being able to communicate production issue to engineering and help engineering to reproduce the situation in San Diego development/lab environment.
- Regular check and monitor the production environments and take action when an issue is discovered.
- Provides assistance to any customer ad-hoc requests within scope.
- Builds and maintains customer relationship, satisfaction, and trust.
- Works on-site to directly interface with the customer.
- Monitors suspended data transactions, documents discrepancies and ensure suspended transactions are reprocessed/reposted.
- Resolve field issues, including back office and devices
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Four-year college degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, or other related technical discipline plus a minimum of five years of experience, or a Master' s of Science degree plus three years of experience.
- Requires knowledge of system test engineering and knowledge of software compilers, architecture, embedded processing, and operating systems. Experience with XML, SAP BI/Edge, Oracle/MS SQL Databases and SQL client such as TOAD/SQL Developers is required.
- Must have the ability to analyze and test complex engineering software, and be able to prioritize and conduct multiple tasks under deadline and budget
- Understanding of HTTP, SOAP, RESTful Web Services testing.
- Understanding of software release process and being able to manage defects, schedules and software releases.
- Experience with both Windows and Linux environments.
- Being able to copy files between systems and being able to remotely log in to remote systems; both Windows and Linux.
- Understanding of high-level network principals, architecture, protocols and troubleshooting tools (Wireshark, psexec, tracert).
- Experience with scripting languages to automate troubleshooting and deployment (Windows batch scripting, Python/Perl desired but not required).
- Ability to recognize common exceptions and errors in logs thrown by software is desired to expedite resolution and assist troubleshooting.
- Experience with XML, SAP BI/Edge, Oracle/MS SQL Databases and SQL client such as TOAD/SQL Developers is required.
- Experience with Transit system and managing/troubleshooting remote devices is desired.
- Experience working in an agile environment is desired.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are required.
- Ability to use typical PC software such as word processors, databases, flowcharts, project schedules, and spreadsheets.
- Travel, both domestic and foreign is necessary for performing on-site testing.
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top