Senior Process/Operations Engineer
The Senior Operations Engineer reports to Technical Leadership whose focus is performing design and support of moderate to high complexity manufacturing systems and equipment.You may also have project-specific relationship building with Customers, Suppliers, individuals or organizations.
- Provides advanced technical solutions and leads team through process.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
- Initiates, justifies, and implements new advanced capital equipment purchase.s
- Creates cell layouts and leads process improvement initiatives of high complexity.
- Uses solid Six Sigma and lean tools to improve processes.
- Uses solid concepts of Design for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFMA) and implements them into new product introduction.
- Represents the company with our customers.
- Leads updates to management on operations status.
- Participates in and promotes process improvements within assigned areas; assists with the development of department and organization procedures.
- Supports the manufacturing floor for any process related questions.
- Lends lessons learned and leads training efforts for process understanding.
- Creates, maintains and develops new process documentation and updates work order documentation.
- Creates new systems that support this effort.
- Implements complex engineering changes. Leads and acts as a change agent for complex engineering changes.
- Adheres to applicable Quality System requirements and supports process audits
- Leads Process Flow Charts, PFMEA, and Control Plan Reviews
- Mentors Level 1 and 2 Operations Engineers and/or Manufacturing Specialists.
- Solid understanding of design for complex tools and fixturings.
- Solid understanding of all applicable software.
- May participate in multi-site projects.
- Solid knowledge of vendors, manufacturing processes, and procurement methods.
- Trains other members of the team on theory and design of existing/new equipment.
- Manufacturing Engineering Specific Functions
- Solid knowledge of manufacturing processes and/or solid design and implementation of Computer Numeric Controls (CNC) programming.
- Industrial Engineer Specific Functions
- Solid design of process and plant layouts and leads ergonomic studies, time studies and implementation.
- Controls Engineer Specific Functions
- Solid understanding of PLC' s and Automation.
- Supports plant wide controls related issues and corrective actions.
- Solid written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Solid Six Sigma knowledge; Advanced understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Solid Project planning tools.
- Solid troubleshooting and problem solving skills; Solid understanding of Root Cause Analysis.
- Strong computer skills and solid technical writing skills.
- Uses solid concepts of Design for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFMA) and implements them into new product development.
- Solid understanding of electrical and/or mechanical machine drawings, including industry specifications.
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Solid understanding of applicable manufacturing processes including Computer Numeric Controls (CNC) programming; Ability to apply advanced knowledge of capabilities studies, Gage R&R, and machine capability; Solid understanding of machinery related to electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, etc. in order to specify equipment and procure capital; Solid understanding of product drawings, including GD&T and specification flow down.
- Industrial Engineering
- Solid understanding of applicable manufacturing processes; Ability to apply advanced knowledge of capabilities studies, Gage R&R, and machine capability; Solid understanding of machinery related to electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, etc. in order to specify equipment and procure capital; Solid understanding of cell and plant layout drawings, including HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and other Utility needs/layouts
- Controls Engineering
- Solid knowledge on database management software skills; Solid programming knowledge of applicable software (i.e. G Code, CNC, PLC, etc.)
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelor' s degree in technical/science or International equivalent required.
- Certificate or degree in a special process preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
- Professional certifications preferred (i.e. AWS, SME, CWE, CWI, etc.).
Back to top