Senior Energy Modeler / Energy Modeler
This highly rated and international company in Los Angeles is looking for Energy Modelers and Analysts to join their expanding team. You would be part of an integrated building environments group, working closely with MEP and Sustainability engineers and designers. The Company works across scales including buildings, campus and cities. The company' s sectors include a higher education and cultural focus along with high performance projects. Their current portfolio includes four net zero energy projects, one LBC project and a number of projects pursuing well certification.
The Energy Modeler will work across a range of projects, working as an integrated part of multiple project teams. They will work under the guide of the project leader to meet the analytical needs of the project (loads models, LEED energy model and general analysis) and will be mentored by our existing Senior energy modelers.
- Preferably one year minimum experience of energy modeling to include;
- Analysis of passive design strategies to inform early phase decisions.
- Analysis of energy conservation measures.
- Completion of LEED energy model submittals.
- Experience with IES Virtual Environment and the PRM process for LEED.
- Knowledge of Title 24 compliance using EnergySoft or IES.
- Knowledge of the Title 24 Energy Code.
- Knowledge of commonly modeled mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of energy audits and energy bench marking of buildings.
- Knowledge of sustainability rating systems used in the market place.
- Ability to understand client goals and communicate analysis with architects.
- Experience in presenting analytical information in a clear and concise manner.
- An ability to apply analytical skills across a range of scale (Buildings, Campus, Cities).
- An ability to use a variety of tools beyond common software to analyse complex problems.
- Experience of day light modeling or CFD analysis.
Back to top