SAP ABAP Developer
Performs complex ABAP programming, testing, and debugging functions related to the implementation of SAP modules.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops code for SAP RICEFW objects using ABAP programming language.
- Creates specialized reports for SAP modules using ABAP programming language.
- Designs forms for SAP modules using SAPscript.
- Troubleshoots and corrects SAP module problems by using ABAP programming language to implement OSS notes.
- Modifies system screens to provide default values and eliminate unnecessary fields using transaction variants.
- Interfaces with business analysts to ensure the proper integration of business processes and procedures to information technology.
- Assists in defining technical requirements for on-going systems maintenance and future functionality.
- Provides technical support to users on matters related to the programming of SAP modules.
- Prepares comprehensive and thorough technical program documentation including specifications, test conditions and scenarios, test plans, test data, etc.
- Advise other IT staff on internal development procedures and standards and ABAP development best practices.
- A Bachelor' s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Demonstrated related experience may be substituted for preferred education.
- Minimum of least 4 years of experience as ABAP Programmer.
- Experience with SAP ECC 6.0.
- Exposure to SAP S/4HANA.
- SAP ABAP Programming Tools including Report and Transaction creation, Enhancements, Conversion Programs, LSMW, SAPscript, and Smart Forms.
- One or more cross-functional area of SAP: FICO, FI-CA, EAM, CRM, HR.
- SAP IS-U data model.
- Application of OSS notes.
- SAP ASAP methodology.
- Principles and techniques of systems analysis, design and testing.
- Principles of program documentation.
- Principles of report, screen, and form design.
- Develop and code difficult and complex programs for SAP modules.
- Analyze programs to resolve issues and optimize performance.
- Recognize the critical elements of application problems, develop and evaluate data, determine solutions, and make logical recommendations.
- Express difficult and complex concepts clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Write clear, logical reports, and instructions.
- Write clear and logical program documentation.
- Work effectively and independently on assigned projects.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with administrators, staff, users, external consultants, project consultants and vendors.
- Meet established priorities and schedules.
- Learn new concepts in information technology.
- Industry Solutions Utility experience.
- CRM IC Web, Web UI development experience.
- Java, web service, EDI Development experience.
- SAP PI development experience.
- SAP Certification is a plus.
- ABAP WebDynPro development experience.
Back to top