- Responsible lead role for design and development of high reliability RF and microwave hardware for wireless infrastructure.
- Develop specifications, perform trade analyses, execute detailed implementation, validate performance, certify deliverable product. Support proposal and new business opportunities.
- Position emphasizes hardware design of circuits using discrete and MMIC devices and RF and analog circuitry for RF products.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the design and fabrication of RF hybrid designs up through the millimeter wave bands.
- Proficient in microstrip and coplanar waveguide design, characterization and modeling of circuits using s parameters, circuit layout and test using bench-top microwave equipment including spectrum and network analyzers is required.
- Working proficiency with simulation and modeling tools such as Microwave Office, ADS and/or HFSS is required.
- Knowledge and experience with digital communications is desired.
- Manage technical development.
- Develop man-hour estimates for feature work.
- Help motivate project staff, mentor junior engineers, and actively seek out ways to help team members.
- Recommend staffing plans to management.
- Drive product and feature requirements, architecture, design, and test.
- Lead product and feature development, primarily in the embedded communications space.
- Development of technology roadmaps.
- Lead the development of RF components and subsystems and contribute to development of wireless broadband systems including architecture development, requirements management, design/analysis, integration, and test.
- Design knowledge of Radio Frequency transmitters, receivers, synthesizers, duplex/diplex filters and related RF circuits/systems
- Create supporting technical documents and test procedures
- RF hardware design and delivery experience
- Proficiency with RF circuit analysis tools such as Agilent ADS, Ansys HFSS, AWR Microwave Office, or similar tool packages
- Experience with at least one schematic capture / PCB layout package such as Mentor Graphics and/or Cadence
- Experience in wireless communications industry (cellular and/or software-defined radio experience a big plus)
- Experience with digital modulation schemes and developing hardware solutions based on SOCs, Transceivers, and Discrete RF line-up.
- Experience selecting, specifying RF components
- Experience managing a product through FCC compliance and/or type acceptance testing
- Experience developing automated testing suites to verify hardware performance
- Programming experience (C / C++, Labview, HPVEE, Python, Matlab, VHDL / Verilog, or others)
- Experience ordering PCBs and working with contract manufacturers
- Ability to develop trouble shooting guides and to effectively train factory technicians
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5-10 years of industry experience developing real-world products or systems
- Willingness / ability to travel occasionally for Factory visits / Customer visits / Supplier Visits
- Self-motivated personality and ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Ability to multi-task between two or more projects
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Beau P.Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top