R&D Technician - Mechanical
Searching for an experienced R&D Technician with a mechanical focus to be a member of our cross-functional team that will develop and operate complex electronic and electro-mechanical systems for oil and gas applications.
The R&D Technician will be responsible for the assembly of high-speed motor and turbomachinery equipment, including performing subassembly and full system level testing, in accordance with drawings, schematics and specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assembly of high precision motor and turbomachinery electro-mechanical equipment components and subassemblies.
- Bond magnets onto assemblies.
- Assemble rotor and motor components and subassemblies.
- Encapsulate electrical assemblies.
- Fabricate and repair metallic components.
- Diagnose and repair/replace electrical components using electrical test equipment and hand tools.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments, using hand tools, levels plumb bobs, straightedges and shims/feeler gauges.
- Replace damaged or broken wires and cables, using hand tools
- Reconnect motor connections.
- Set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Provide feedback on integration and test to improve processes and designs.
- Inspect and test manufactured components and subassemblies.
- Support acceptance and qualification testing.
Skills, Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- AS or equivalent 2-year technical degree (includes military technical training) in related discipline required.
- Minimum of 5 years of industrial experience.
- Ability to read engineering drawings required; ability to read circuit schematics and wiring drawings is a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot using drawings, procedures and measurement/test equipment.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, hoists, cranes and precision measuring, alignment and testing instruments.
- Experience with basic machine tools.
- Previous use of multi-meters, o-scopes, mega-ohm meters and digital power supplies is a plus.
- Previous experience managing component inventory is a plus.
Back to top