Participates in the execution of the defined Strategic Quality Plan in conjunction with Quality functional leadership. Provides quality assurance support to suppliers and internal manufacturing cells and participates in continuous improvement activities in targeted areas. Assists in the execution of the Quality Assurance strategy to ensure product flow consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements.
- Inspects parts and collects data to support investigation and improvement activities.
- Completes inspection processes (i.e. Inspection Report, First Article Report, Acceptance Test Report, etc.) to assure customer requirements are met in existing, new, or modified products and processes.
- Participates in aspects of product development and launch activities throughout the organization as requested. Efforts should primarily be targeted at evaluation of test programs, material testing/inspection, and control of quality cost.
- Assists in corrective action system follow up.
- Provides support in the evaluation of process capability, process control plans, analysis of out-of-control conditions and process audit.
- Audits inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures/work instructions.
- Investigates and eliminates causes of quality problems and follows up on corrective actions.
- Perform shelf life audits.
- In the event where part inspection requires a Delegated Manufacturing Inspection Representative the following functions apply:
- a. Inspects production products and related parts conform to the approved type design.
- b. Issues original product certifications.
- Understands problem solving methods and the associated statistical tools used to analyze problems.
- Basic knowledge of techniques for assuring product quality.
- Knowledge of tools.
- Knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements.
- Understanding of mechanical inspection concepts and tool sets with ability to inspect simple assemblies and components with support.
- Ability to read drawings \ blueprints.
- Basic knowledge of ISO 9001 or similar quality systems.
- High School Diploma or experience/knowledge as determined by management and a minimum of 5 years working experience in a production environment of equivalent business environment.
- Ability to lift about 25 pounds, walk throughout the facility, sit for prolonged periods of time; and specific vision abilities required by this job include clear/close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires analytical skills and the ability to interpret information to take the appropriate action.
- The ideal candidate will be able to handle stressful situations and respond to urgent matters in a calm and professional manner.
- This position will require working of overtime and some Saturdays.
ITAR Compliant Facility:
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent resident of US.
Back to top