Project Manager - Construction
of Positions: 2
Job Details Description:
A/E - Architecture Engineering, Facility Design-Build, Heavy Industrial, Manufacturing, Chemical
Our client is looking for a Project Manager I & II - Construction team member.
Project Manager I:
- Manages design/build, construction management or construct only projects from project assignment through completion. Accountable for all construction activities on assigned project(s).
Project Manager II:
- Responsible for handling larger more complex project; is the single point of contact to communicate directly with owner/client.
- Assists project directors in responding to RFP' s including the preparation of conceptual estimates, schedules and other proposal documents. Participates in client presentation if required.
- Monitors the progress of design documents. Participates in design review meetings and provides input regarding constructability, as well as scope and cost changes.
- Prepares detailed estimates, cost code input, and cost control systems.
- Responsible for preparing bid packages and invitation to bid inquiries, receiving and analyzing bids, qualifying subcontractors, and awarding subcontracts and major purchase orders.
- Works with director of construction and construction core personnel to establish job organization including superintendent and PCE requirements.
- Plans, sequences, and schedules the project with input from the superintendent and subcontractors. Manages the project schedule, conducts job site meetings and prepares updated schedules.
- Responsible for project cost control including updating of labor cost reports, summary cost reports and project status summaries.
- Coordinates requirements of governing authorities for permits, inspections and final approval of the project with A/E.
- Maintains submittal control, including scheduling, receiving, reviewing, approving and expediting submittals from suppliers and subcontractors to comply with progress schedule.
- Manages client relations, including progress meetings, correspondence, periodic reports, change orders and response to client inquiries.
- Prepares requisitions for payment and other required project invoicing. Maximizes project cash flow through invoicing and collections.
- Prepares and secures owner acceptance of contract change orders. Issues modifications to subcontracts and purchase orders after owner acceptance and updates budget in summary cost report.
- Manages payments to subcontractors and vendors, including reviewing and approving schedules of value, pay requisitions, invoices and required insurance coverage.
- Manages subcontractor and supplier performance issues including documentation, default notices and replacement, if necessary.
- Reviews and monitors project progress, quality and safety. Works with superintendent and makes corrections as required to comply with contract and company policy and procedures.
- Assists in the development of construction personnel through mentoring and on-the-job training.
- Effectively manages project close-out tasks and any warranty work.
Project Manager I:
- Bachelor' s degree in engineering or construction management or equivalent plus three years minimum in construction management
Project Manager II:
- Bachelor' s degree in engineering or construction management or equivalent plus 5 years minimum in construction management
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications Etc.:
- Expertise in managing resources, including budgets, schedules and materials in an environment of multiple, competing demands
- Knowledge of estimating, construction methods, engineering, equipment and technology
- Excellent understanding of safety procedures.
- Excellent organizational, supervisory, communication, collaboration and analytical skills
- Ability to travel per project requirements (
- Bachelors or better in Construction Management or related field.
- Bachelors or better in Engineering or related field.
Back to top