Project Controls Specialist
Duties include developing comprehensive implementation strategies and incorporate deliverables into project schedules, preparation of project life cycle and master schedules, integration of all schedules (design disciplines, vendors, production and construction) and providing a comprehensive project perspective.
Project Controls will also monitor and evaluate risks & present recovery/mitigation plans to support turnover/opening schedule. Additionally, Project Controls Specialists will perform earned value analysis when needed.
Finally, Project Controls Specialists provide progress reports and management presentations.
- 4 year undergraduate degree, preferably in a technical field such as engineering, architecture, construction management, or equivalent work experience in planning or estimating.
- Experience developing CPM schedules for projects in excess of $500M and 3, 000 activities.
- Experience in design and implementation.
- Ability to supervise a team of in-house planners, outside consultants, vendors and suppliers including setting goals, prioritization of tasks, coordinating work, and managing time.
- 7-15 years theme park scheduling and planning experience.
- Knowledge of different types of contracting and procurement agreements and the impacts on Project Controls.
- Strong meeting leadership, facilitation, and alignment skills.
- Basic conflict resolution skills.
- Strong knowledge of design, manufacturing, and/or construction.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of earned value progress and commodity measurement and related analysis.
- Risk identification and management.
- Negotiation skills with minimal supervision, will perform the following general duties and planning/scheduling control duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Anticipate key indicators and proactively develops management and control reports to communicate.
- Develop and analyze mitigation for variances to plan.
- Read and interpret design drawings.
- With project team, develop project strategies, risk mitigations, and recovery/acceleration plans.
- Develop project scoping documents, basis of estimate /schedule, strategy, and risk documents.
- Manage the implementation of Earned Value (EV) system and analyze implications of performance against EV.
- Prepare contract documents for bid packages for Project Controls including controls and reporting specifications, milestones, and budgets.
- Contribute knowledge to team to training and lessons learned.
- Manage interns and staff as required.
- Provide input or recommendations for casting decisions, as requested by senior leadership, including participating in the interviewing process.
- Ability to supervise, mentor, and train Associate and Staff Project Controls Specialists.
- Ability to direct outside consultants Project Controls staff.
- Routine day to day decision making authority on Project Controls issues with moderate impacts to project delivery plan (and through consultation with Project Management).
- Participate in performance assessment and feedback Planning / Scheduling.
- Develop highly integrated project life cycle and production schedules Lead discipline planning for creative, show, ride, facility, area development, installation & test and adjust.
- Develop project phasing plans.
- Work with suppliers and subcontractor to influence schedule plans, mitigation' s, and acceleration.
- Develop fragnet schedules and specialty reports as needed to focus on critical items and align team to progress requirements.
- Develop and implements the integrated input matrix.
- Plan and analyzes project resource requirements with consideration to advanced implications such as shift work, interdependencies, holiday calendars and seasonal productivity variation.
- Lead planning and coordination meetings.
- Understand direct and indirect project sequencing relationships including typical workarounds to standard relationships and associated risks.
- Provide frequent communication, reporting, and interactions with project and studio team members including vendors and outside consultants on complex topics.
- Fosters collaboration across various stakeholders to develop integrated and fully supported Project Controls plans, strategies, mitigations, and forecasts.
- Contributes in project leadership meetings and serves a trusted source of information and reliable analysis to project and studio leadership.
- Able to summarize communications for management or executive presentations.
Back to top