Reporting to the Regional Senior VP level, with a dual national reporting structure for the vertical, as Program Manager, you will take ownership of a critical, long-term program. This is an embedded role where you will interface with your counterpart at the account and serve as the strategic manager and senior leader responsible for overall program performance. You will be responsible for effectively communicating standards and processes to the team and ensuring alignment with the customer' s operation, including monitoring, managing and optimizing program, projects and staff effectiveness, overseeing scheduling, quality assurance, and safety, and managing the customer relationship, contract compliance, financials, cost control, reporting and more. Your mission will be to ensure a profitable program that meets program requirements and customer satisfaction objectives. You' ll work with internal teams and spend the majority of your time interfacing directly with the client' s personnel. You will have a core team of direct reports including four project managers, an engineering manager and service manager. You will have a support team including two analysts, QA and safety, and be able to leverage other resources such as Legal and Contracts. The program team is currently around 35 members and we expect it to grow to 50. You will have ample resources to support your efforts.
As Program Manager, ultimately, you will be responsible for the on-time and on-budget completion of the overall program and all its associated projects. In meeting your responsibilities, you will:
- Serve as the primary contact and advisor to the customer. You' ll bring innovative ideas, create security standards and ensure consistent delivery methods across the entire program.
- Ensure compliance with the Master Services Agreement by setting the baseline of expectations for both company and the customer.
- Manage the foundation to operationalize Strategic Operations inclusive of Engineering, Construction, Applications, Service and Technical aspects to effectively communicate and deploy the outlined program. You will:
- Interface with engineers to provide overall system design and details to bring the project from drawing board to reality.
- Oversee a staff managing the technical scope of work, budget, systems acceptance testing, plans, procedures and documentation.
- Oversee the delivery of the construction process via project scheduling, resource staffing, material management, standard installation practices as well as enforcing field systems acceptance testing towards completion.
- Oversee Application Engineers supporting the program by managing software and integration of the various technologies, devices and peripherals for a complete solution.
- Provide leadership for ongoing support via service and maintenance for lifetime of the system, inclusive of tracking system performance.
- Enforce quality assurances are conducted in Strategic Operations by enhancing the program with best practices, details of product specifications, data sheets, point to point drawings and installation manuals.
- Closely work with the Strategic Account Management team and Business Development related to Governance, growth, retention and profitability of the account.
- Provide leadership to comply with the company' s safety program, primarily focusing on accident prevention and a safe work environment.
- Financial responsibility includes planning, budgets, reports and forecast.
- Ensure that all program activities are conducted in a way that protects company and customer assets by adhering to policies and procedures.
- Manage the staff in accordance to Human Resources policy as required to include hiring, training, evaluating and counseling. Assess manpower needs and recommend staffing requirements.
- Manage other duties as needed and assigned.
- Install systems and networks based on customer requirements and specifications for communications infrastructure and electronic security and surveillance applications.
- Follow technical diagrams, engineering drawings, vendor manuals, scopes of work, test plans and procedures, and implementation plans to wire and configure security systems.
- Using the information provided by Sales, Project Management and other departments, the successful candidate is able to design/engineer computer and network-based security by integrating standard and non-standard security and IT components.
- Work with the Engineering Manager to schedule project related work, and manage this work against their appropriate dashboard.
- Participate in the review and revisions of company standards.
- Design systems and networks based on contractual requirements and specifications for communications infrastructure and electronic security and surveillance applications.
- Perform provisioning, configuration and testing of system components in the lab and on-site to validate design concepts.
- Conduct customer-witnessed acceptance testing of installed systems.
- Provide customer training on installed systems.
- Perform the installation of intrusion detection, access control and CCTV systems. On-site work includes installation and configuration of head-end computer systems, and installation, termination and calibration of field devices and sensors.
- Complete daily job status reports, travel expense reports, and other documentation as required.
- Develop configuration procedures and installation plans.
- Contribute to the body of knowledge by creating and maintaining knowledge base articles and other technical documents.
- Prepare test systems for replication of user issues.
- Take ownership of customer issues which arise on installed security systems and see problems through to resolution by providing technical support to our customers via phone, e-mail, scheduled health and maintenance visits, and emergency site visits.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues related to application use, design and configuration.
- Elevate customer issues to senior team members as needed, providing detailed description of problems along with steps taken to analyze the problem.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education, Experience, and skills
This is a complex program management role in that it requires all the talents and skills necessary to manage a traditional program -- a strong project orientation, for example -- combined with top-tier customer service skills, a strong service delivery focus, and process-driven mindset. Continuous improvement across all aspects of the program will be the standard as you drive the program forward on a daily basis. The successful candidate must be comfortable being embedded and interacting at the service level daily (i.e. urgent needs, risk management, daily operations, etc.).
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To be a strong fit for the Program Manager opportunity, you will also have:
- 7 to 10 years of progressively more responsible security, telecom wireless construction and management experience.
- A bachelor' s degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Construction Management is highly preferred. An advanced degree such as an MBA is an advantage. An equivalent combination of education and outstanding experience will be considered.
- Professional work experience with program management, project management, site acquisition, zoning and construction is required.
- Significant experience in most or all of the following is desired: construction field management, contract management, project oversight responsibility, QA/QC, scheduling, estimating and subcontract management.
- Proven leadership skills with success managing teams and team members.
- Solid project management foundation.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret construction contracts, financial reports and legal documents.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, SharePoint and Google products.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (listening, verbal and written) service skills to effectively communicate and partner with the customer.
- Outstanding organizational skills with a highly structured, detail-oriented approach to your work.
- Experience in the energy sector or utility space is desirable.
- Familiarity with OEMs and GCs is a plus.
- A valid driver' s license
- Willingness to travel as needed. Travel may ebb and flow but will typically be no more than 20%.
In addition to these requirements, you must be able to successfully pass a drug screening and background check.
The successful candidate will be able to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings and specifications, common scientific and technical journals, and other documents. Have the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English technical language, both in interpreting requirements and providing reports and mentoring. Must possess excellent customer service and telephone skills. Must possess strong client-facing and communication skills. Must be able to document customer service issues and resolutions.
The successful candidate must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. They must also be able to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The incumbent is required to walk daily on construction sites in rough terrain, and climb ladders and facilities under construction. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time. The incumbent may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Back to top