With a focus on product flow and process improvement, the Production Supervisor is responsible for managing and the day-to-day operations of a production department.
All candidates will have experience in holding others accountable in a metric driven production environment, managing staffing levels based on trends and forecasts, and producing numbers and data as needed. The ideal candidate will be a strong and energetic leader; someone who will take initiative to jump in alongside their team to both push and support them in getting the job done.
- Direct and oversee, schedule the flow of work on the production floor.
- Continuously improve the efficiencies, effectiveness, and quality standards of the production area.
- Balance the labor in the production department to the capacity demanded of each individual area.
- Monitor team leads and individual performance and provide appropriate feedback, encouragement, and discipline when necessary in order to facilitate department improvements.
- Maintain and improve staff morale through positive example and a solution-oriented approach toward problem solving.
- Manage employee relations by monitoring absenteeism, tardiness, production, time cards, etc.
- Provide technical support when needed and positive encouragement to the staff at all times.
- past hands on machinist, assembly or producution role
- Other cross-functional tasks as assigned by Plant Manager
Back to top