- Designs and develops products and systems to meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Designs products according to customer requirements.
- Determines feasibility of new and modified components and assemblies using analytical engineering tools.
- Defines test methods based on customer and specifications.
- Supports prototype builds and testing / validation for assigned products.
- Develops relationships with key customer associates.
- Provides technical support to customers, manufacturing, quality assurance, program management and sales.
- Prepares 3D models and drawings using Catia V5 systems.
- Investigates test failures and quality concerns using advanced problem solving tools.
- Supports VA/VE & DFM activities.
- Prepares reports as needed.
- Promotes an associate relations environment that is consistent with long-term management objectives.
- Provides support to Jr. Engineers, Designers and Technicians.
- Supports competitor benchmarking activity.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
Specialized Training, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- 4-year degree in mechanical engineering or engineering technology or equivalent field.
- 2 - 4+ years or more of experience in product design or development.
- Knowledge of related products (design, function, manufacturing, and auto application) is helpful.
- Knowledge of engineering practices (GD & T, DOE, FMEA, DFM, CAD applications, statistical analysis, etc.)
- Automotive Experience; Experience with Customers such as Japanese OEM (Honda), and European OEM (Audi/VW, BMW).
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- Office environment with noise from computer peripherals such as mainframe, disk drives and printers.
- Periodic factory visits with noise from manufacturing equipment.
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top