DEPARTMENT : Maintenance
- Responsible for supporting existing equipment on the floor, defining specifications for process changes and managing changes with equipment suppliers.
- Provide input on new equipment development and support validation of new equipment and processes, new product launches and new plant startups.
- Improve operational efficiency through hardware and software changes, layout improvements and engineering techniques.
- Support existing equipment on the floor from a hardware, software and mechanical perspective.
- Troubleshoot any problems with specified function of machinery.
- Propose and implement improvements to existing processes.
- Create manufacturing equipment and fixture specifications based on program requirements
- Create and maintain project plans including product and equipment requirements, budgets, manpower, technical objectives, schedules, project and product cost estimates.
- Validate new equipment, fixtures and modifications adhering to Woodbridge Group procedure guidelines
- Improve processes in quality and cost according to best standard practice.
- Responsible for the daily process operations.
- Equipment selection and optimization.
- Liaison with maintenance to solve process equipment problems.
- Liaison with production to address production concerns.
- Plan and execute process improvement experiments.
- Optimize raw material usage and minimize waste.
- Participate in health and safety and quality audit processes.
- Write and update work instructions/SOTs, JSAs, procedures etc.
- Bachelor' s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent combination of education plus experience.
- 2-5 years + in an engineering role.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Good verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of SPC and automotive quality standards, statistical experiments, hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.
- Computer skills such as AutoCAD, Windows, spreadsheets, databases, etc.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, 5S and Kaizen.
- OEM Experience.
- Mechanical & Manufacturing background.
- Continuous Process Improvements.
- Poka Yoke - Error proofing (six sigma) such as lean manufacturing.
- strong communication skills.
- Majority of time in plant environment. Travel occasionally.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and use hand to fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to bend, walk, balance, talk and hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift, push and pull up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Standard work hours will consist of 10 hours per day, 4 days a week on an assigned shift.
- Schedule hours may be altered as required by the training needs of employees.
- Ability to work overtime or irregular hours to include Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays as requested.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Client will consider local or non-local candidates. But individuals must be willing to relocate.
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top