Principal Systems Engineer-Team Leader
Principal Systems Engineer - IPT Leader - lead an Integrated Product Team executing complex product development projects in Aerial Refueling, On Board Oxygen Generation Systems, or On Board Inert Gas Generation Systems.
- Lead an Integrated Product Development Team of 10-30 people in the inception, design & execution of complex projects over the full product life cycle of product development.
- Guide the successful completion of major programs and projects
- Leads functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies for mechanical systems, electrical systems, and software.
- Participates in proposal development: parses statement of work and requirements into standard work breakdown structures and generates estimates.
- Generates meaningful metrics to ascertain status, stability, maturity and level of compliance of a project.
- Leads teams in the decomposition, allocation and derivation of requirements and establishes traceability.
- Understand and applies project leadership principles including SPI/CPI and Earned Value.
- Leads the development of requirements verification matrices and assists in developing verification, validation and qualification plans.
- Identifies and implements improvements to engineering and/or company tools, processes and practices.
- ABET accredited BS Degree in an Engineering field.
- Minimum of 15 years of engineering experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supervising people.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Project Management.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Requirements Management
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible, you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Strongly preferred experience with Aerospace industry standards and best practices.
- Effective Communication with leadership, peers, subordinates and customers.
- Experience with Requirements Management and Systems Design.
- PMI Certification or other project management certification.
- Knowledgeable about Mechanical, Electrical and Systems Engineering.
- Familiarity with aircraft hydraulics, fuels, structures, wiring, and EMI for aircraft oxygen or fuel tank inerting systems.
- Familiar with project leadership principles of SPI/CPI, Earned Value, Cost Account Management (CAM), and Statistical Process Controls.
- Strong knowledge of multi-disciplinary requirements including, but not limited to, mechanical, electro-mechanical, software, safety and reliability.
Back to top