PLATFORM OWNER-DESKTOP ENGINEERING & AUTOMATION
As the Platform Owner of Productivity, you report to the End User Product Family Owner, and will build, maintain, and lead product teams that have dedicated technology experts in endpoint services delivery from Windows, MacOS, laptops, mobile devices, desktops, WiFi, remote access, hardwired connectivity and the associated automated delivery of those services in a UX friendly manner. You have a strong understanding of the business use cases and customers' needs while having a strong desire to meet minimum UX experience levels within your products. You obsess over how to use data, metrics, and KPIs to evaluate the customer experience and your team' s performance in delivering those needs. Your platforms' responsibilities also include the security of all client devices, automation of application packaging and delivery, patch management, secure wired and wireless connectivity, and architecture activities in addition to the daily operational tasks and internal/external project deliverables.
You will be expected to provide " cloud-first" vision, roadmap, and direction to the other product owners in this space, collaborate with others in the development of productive and effective processes and procedures, and are responsible for ensuring overall team effectiveness and efficiency. You have a strong desire to actively and regularly engage with our internal customers, business segment leaders, external vendors, and consultants that your team relies on to deliver services within this platform. This includes communicating your vision to key business stakeholders comprised of technical and non-technical staff. Responsibilities include the overall end user experience for end to end deployment of all end user productivity and connectivity services, including but not limited to laptop, desktop, wired/wireless networks, and mobile device delivery, automation, support, and management. You have a strong understanding of the SDLC methodologies and look to have your products automate all things to improve efficiencies within the platform. You identify problems early, clear roadblocks, build trust with other teams, and communicate clearly and concisely. You' re knowledgeable. You love sharing your unique skill set with others. You will have the opportunity to work with the product teams in this platform to present monthly on the progress of the platform, KPIs, and roadmap while assisting the Product Family Owner in quarterly presentations for executive management. You enjoy working with customers around the world and providing a globally scalable solution. Challenge excites you. You have a passion for educating, training, designing, building products for a diverse set of customers.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline, or equivalent IT or software development experience.
- 10+ years of IT work experience across multiple disciplines with minimum of three years hands-on experience supporting endpoint deployment processes, including endpoint patch management, encryption and security controls within a medium to large environment (1000+ users).
- Prior experience in building automated solutions through tools and software that enable infrastructure to be remotely provisioned, configured and decommissioned. •
- Demonstrated ability to lead, recruit, grow and retain high-caliber talent at scale. Experienced organizing, running, supporting, and growing large technology organization. •
- Solid technology background in the Compute, Deploy and Tools space •
- Excellent understanding of workstation deployment and configuration technologies. Implementing in a highly secure environment is a plus. •
- Ability to Provide Compute as a Service offerings to customers that are easy to consume, elastic, secure and reliable.
- Practical Agile Scrum & Dev/Ops experience with a technical team
- Ability to build and run a platform to utilize innovative infrastructure solutions to take advantage of technology advances that allow cost reduction, standardization and commoditization
- Understanding of how to take a globally scalable approach to endpoint refresh and deployment using automation towards a ' touch-less' migration experience for end-users globally.
- Ability to become a trusted partner with groups involved with delivering solutions (Engineering, IT, Legal, Business Development, Internal Audit, Fraud, Physical Security, Partner/Dealer Community, Networking, Systems, etc.)
- Ability to work with teams across company to design, develop, deploy, and maintain solutions at scale that meet complex business and technical requirements. Solutions must serve our customers in a heterogeneous environment (Windows, MacOS, Linux) utilizing a mix of commercial and home-grown solutions.
- Experience driving multi-year strategic plans for a product or set of capabilities/solutions.
- Develop and refine relevant metrics and KPIs that will be used to measure your product' s success.
- Desire to drive the resolution of legacy, unsupported or non-compliant systems in the domain to reduce technical debt and to onboard your customers on more modern platforms and solutions.
- Continuously researches and evaluates future technology solutions and industry trends for their relevance and value to this platforms' customers, including standards & best practices.
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders, executives, leaders, and team members across internal teams and multiple business units.
- Sets the vision and guidance for the platform as a whole and works closely with the other product owners within the platform to help realize their own product roadmaps.
- Sets the roadmap and ensures platform delivery of the systems deployment process including: concept, design, creation, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal of Windows, MAC OS, and Linux
- Coordinates with the other product and platform teams to assist with technical analysis and problem resolution on any system issues affecting endpoints, client connectivity, security incidents, and/or end-user applications.
- Participates in business development planning for endpoint technologies, WiFi solutions, peripherals, end-user productivity applications, connectivity and remote access. Also participates in technology planning for other IT and business initiatives.
- Seeks ongoing training of the product teams within this platform to maximize the team members' individual and collective effectiveness, increase their development and automation skills, and broadening their individual career horizons.
- Experience managing staff, including selection, goal setting, annual reviews, and compensation planning and career development.
- US government position. US citizenship required
- Prior hands-on experience in designing, building and implementing SaaS infrastructure and client solutions.
- Understanding and management of technical networking teams and the delivery of WiFi services a plus.
- Automation and scripting background in mass deployment and updates to endpoints for management is a plus.
- Public Cloud & Private cloud, orchestration platforms
- Experience with scripting and automation technologies such as VBScript, PowerShell, Python, etc.
- Deployment and management of Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops, StoreFront, Delivery Controllers, Machine Creation Services (MCS) and associated features
- Working knowledge of configuration management for endpoints, SCCM, JAMF
- Working knowledge of endpoint computing hardware, Windows 7, Windows 10, MAC OSX, and Linux
- Ability to manage multiple and often conflicting tasks
- Ability to effectively manage large, complex information technology projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent personal computing skills in word process, spreadsheets, and graphics
Back to top