Packaging Engineer-Junior level
- One of PEAK' s clients is looking for a Packaging Engineer who will be responsible for designing new case packaging for new product design.
- Ideally, you will have 2-3 years of experience with a solid knowledge of packaging theory, how to design pallet patterns, and understanding of cube layout.
- Project management skills and the ability to interact with multiple manufacturing plants and corporate personnel will be necessary to succeed in this position.
- You will report to a Sr. Packaging Engineer.
Your work responsibilities will include:
- Packaging engineering design for development and ongoing production of packaging materials related to the manufacturing of products.
- Support growth objectives with new packaging designs, cost effective packaging and new technology.
- Develop packaging specifications, material alternatives, engineering change orders and cost estimates.
- Collect data, interpret results, qualify new materials, formulate and then communicate recommendations to influence business decisions and solve problems.
- Assist in driving improvements throughout supply chain.
- Provide technical support to procurement for vendor management initiatives.
- B.S. degree in Packaging Engineering required.
- Strong Packaging design skills, especially design of corrugated packaging.
- Must be proficient with TOPS/CAPE.
- Experience with SAP is highly preferred.
- Microsoft Office programs including Word, Power Point, and Excel.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Ability to work with cross functional groups, teams, and accommodate changing business priorities.
- Must have excellent time management and professional communication skills.
- Self-directed and uses judgment to proactively seek guidance from management or update status to management.
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Beau P.Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top