In this role, you will be responsible for completing 3-D models and product drawings using Creo Parametric software for mechanical projects related to power tools. Projects include the design and development of new components as well as maintaining existing component designs and related documentation. You should be capable of conceptual design coupled with a hands-on approach to development. You must have the ability to manage multiple design assignments in a cross-functional team environment.
Perform the following with minimal guidance from a Designer or Engineer:
- Develop detailed design 3D models, along with required 2D drawings, layouts and tolerance stack-ups.
- Perform other engineering-related tasks as required by the Designer or Engineer (i.e. layout work, hands on work and contacting suppliers for information).
- Prepare and maintain project documentation and ensure compliance to applicable standards.
- Work with Manufacturing, Marketing and outside suppliers
- Assist Designer or Engineer in designing and performing laboratory testing to prove out concepts
- Associate' s Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology and/or Computer Aided Drafting Design.
- Proficiency in Creo Parametric, strong math and analytical skills is required.
- Understanding of basic design principles with 5 years' experience in mechanical design.
- Ability to read mechanical blueprints, sketches and create basic 3-D part to assembly modeling.
- Transfer from 3-D modeling to 2-D detailed engineering drawings.
- Must be highly creative, strong attention to detail, organized, self-motivated, ability to multitask efficiently and able to work independently as well as with within cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of GD&T principles a plus.
- Knowledge on metals and plastic material properties a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access etc)
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Beau P.Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top