Mechanical Assembler II
This position is responsible for performing assigned and varied tasks supporting the manufacturing department with the assembly and systems integration of natural gas and custom process analyzers. This position performs all tasks under supervision. The work is routine with some special assignments or tasks.
- Complete comprehensive mechanical tasks such as tube layout, forming and bending, wiring and electrical termination, assembly of sample systems and sub-assembly components
- Plan and layout sample systems and components from schematic diagrams, ensuring that systems comply with ISO, CSA, ATEX, IECEX and other certification requirements
- Perform in-process electrical and flow/pressure testing of completed assemblies
- Acquire parts and hardware as required for production operations
- Ensure that a safe work environment and safe work practices are maintained at all times
- This intermediate position requires the knowledge of and application of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures in mechanical assembly, sample system piping and tubing
- 2-3 years of professional experience
- Must have the ability to plan and layout sample systems from schematic diagrams
- Must have the ability to complete tube bending and forming from schematic diagrams.
- Must have the ability to set-up and use basic hand tools, electronic and pneumatic tooling for production and prototype support
- Must have the ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings, schematics, and technical documentation (plumbing, mechanical, electrical, and gas flow).
- A background in electrical from the industrial equipment and/or instrumentation field is preferred
- A team player who has the ability to work well with others in a fast paced, changing manufacturing environment
- Must be able to follow verbal and written work instructions and work through problems should they arise
- Must be able to adhere to a firm work schedule, with the ability to work overtime as necessary
Back to top