Maintenance PLC Programmers (Step7)
Provide technical electrical support for Manufacturing Engineering Department in the area of process development and improvement, cost reduction and new part introductions.
- Associates/Technical Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent (must).
- 2 years experience in PLC and CNC programming and troubleshooting experience.
- Working knowledge of National Electrician Code.
- Ability to read & interpret electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical drawings.
- Familiar with machine installation techniques.
- Be able to use test equipment such as volt, amp, and ohmmeters.
- Be familiar with machine equipment and manufacturer' s manuals and recommendation.
- Experience maintaining Siemens 840 D Controls Systems.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical theory.
- SAP experience preferred; Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Siemens S5 & S7 PLCs.
- Solve electrical issues within all production equipment and service systems.
- Start-up and debug new products, processes, tooling, and equipment.
- Maintain machining and assembly technology; troubleshoot and repair production equipment.
- Read & interpret electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical drawings for equipment.
- Troubleshoot electrical systems replacing or adjusting proximity switches and optic sensors.
- Troubleshoot motors-single phase, three phase, and direct current.
- Troubleshoot breakdowns in machinery and equipment.
- Apply electrical theory and related knowledge to test and modify electrical machinery and electrical control equipment and circuitry in an industrial environment.
- Plan layouts, install and repair wiring, electrical fixtures; troubleshoot and perform construction maintenance on buildings within the plant.
- Prepare sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follow diagrams or blueprints.
- Observe functioning or installed equipment or system to detect hazards an need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Maintain PLC and CNC machine programming.
- Troubleshoot programmable logic controlled equipment, making repairs to control systems.
- Make program changes and document program and changes made.
- Follow Lockout/Tagout procedures.
- Assist with ongoing projects and product launch support.
- Provide statistical data analysis.
- Process development work including process innovation and design of experiment.
- Provide training and assistance to maintenance personnel.
Additional Must Have Knowledge:
- Siemens Step 7 (S7), Maintenance, Electrical/Electronic Equipment, Programming, Troubleshooting.
- # of Positions: 2
- Shift: 1st and 2nd (negotiable)
- OT: Yes
- Travel: None
- Geographic Requirements: None - will entertain local as a preferred preference, non-locals are also welcome.
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top