Machinist - (Level 2)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Machine, fabricate or assemble parts to print and operation sheet specifications using conventional, CNC lathes/mills, sheet metal machines and hand tools, including riveters, fasteners, setters, presses, spot welders, grinders, helicoil installation tools, etc.
- Selects, builds and installs proper cutting tools, and zeroes in machine to CNC control.
- Selects proper tool offsets to meet quality standards and make other necessary set up adjustments.
- Inspects parts as they are produced using standard gauges, micrometers, indicators, vernier calipers, depth gauges and other measuring devices, to ensure conformity to specifications.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Computerized Numerical Control machining training or related experience.
- Familiarity with Fanuc controls.
- Understanding of NC machine codes and able to trouble shoot programs.
- Knowledge of machining speeds and feeds.
- Know proper use and selection of different inserts, cutting tools and tooling geometries.
- Able to verify conformance of machined work piece to specifications using precision measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and various gauges.
- Strong blue print reading experience.
- Able to use overhead hoist and pallet jacks and follow all safety procedures.
- Able to work safely with coolants, cleaning chemicals and solvents.
- Able to work 2nd shift and work OT if necessary.
- Set up of 3 and 4 axis horizontal machining centers.
- CNC Programming.
- 6-8 years related experience.
- Work Week: 4/10.
- Clearance: None.
- Available positions: 4.
- OT: Yes.
- Shift: 1st (but must also be willing to work 2nd as needed).
Type of Service: Light Industrial
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top