Lead Structural Designer
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications, Etc:
- Working experience in Oil, Gas & Chemical facilities.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in applicable 2D/3D design work.
- Knowledge of various building/construction types/complexities.
- Understanding of structural design process from concepts through construction.
- Understanding of standard details/specs.
- Ability to quickly develop structural documentation.
- Mentors younger designers/technicians.
- Ability to perform thorough interdisciplinary coordination.
- Produces well organized construction documents of good appearance, accuracy, clarity and correctness, adhering to project and discipline standards.
- When assigned design-related activities, prepares presentation drawings, and other deliverables as required by the Licensed Professional.
- Assists with drawing planning, production, management and adherence to schedule.
- Performs analysis or calculations as required.
- Coordinates work with other disciplines related to dimensions and interferences to minimize deficiencies, errors and omissions.
- Assists the Licensed Professional with production of specifications.
- Maintains orderly work file, prepares clear well-written memos/correspondence.
- Participates in design reviews with the design team at 30%, 60% and 90% on all assigned projects.
- Ability to work independently on a variety of small and large complex projects.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to access project information remotely when working outside the office using VPN and/or Citrix.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent AutoCAD, Plant 3D/Advance Steel. all Autodesk software. If the candidate has Revit and other 3D modeling experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
Back to top