Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) Engineer II
Overview - Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) Engineer II Job Description:
- Our client is seeking an experienced Instrumentation & Controls Engineer II to serve in a variety of energy markets including refining, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power and renewable fuels. This is a direct hire position
- The I&C engineering position will include the following key responsibilities:
- Provide I&C engineering input in a dynamic multi-discipline environment engineering state-of-the-art instrumentation and control systems, and retrofits and upgrades to existing systems.
- Interfacing with clients, project management, procurement professionals, and other engineering disciplines in matters dealing with control systems.
- Developing I&C basis of design and scope of work documents.
- Identifying design milestones, managing resource allocation and preparing labor-hour estimates
- Developing specifications and datasheets for instrumentation and control systems.
- Ensuring technical accuracy and conformance to project design criteria of engineered work products.
- Ensuring appropriate procedures, design guidelines, and design tools are utilized on projects.
- Developing innovative project concepts and solutions for advanced technology projects.
- Travel to domestic client project sites to support projects and assist with marketing capabilities.
- Four (4) years minimum of I&C design experience in industrial processing, power generation, refining, utilities and/or related industries.
- Experience in directing I&C Work including, instrument sizing, datasheets, specifications, PLC/DCS architecture, PLC/DCS configuration, instrumentation wiring, instrument bus networks, wiring diagrams, panel layouts, HMI configuration, loop diagrams, logic diagrams, and control narratives.
- Familiarity with industrial power document development such as electrical one line diagrams, power and control schematics, hazardous area classification, electrical equipment specifications, power and MCC panel layouts.
- Experience working successfully in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent project execution and team communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of industry codes and standards (API, ISA, NFPA/NEC, IEEE, ANSI, NEMA)
- Assists with client, customer or regulatory contacts and communication pertaining to specific assignments or meetings.
- Bachelor of Sciences degree in Electrical or Chemical Engineering is required
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some client site visits will be required. Must be mobile in and around ladders, heavy equipment, power distribution systems and switchyards.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- There will be occasional site visits to industrial, refining and utility power clients.
Position will require occasion trips to client sites, including large central power stations, renewable generation sites, advanced bioprocessing and chemical plants, refineries and other industrial facilities. Candidate must be willing and able to take and comply with various safety requirements and work in noisy environments while executing their assigned tasks.
- The position location is Chattanooga TN
- Relocation package may be available.
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Beau P.Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top